The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like the rest of you I'm sure, am obsessed with cars. I hope to eventually get an Exige S. I was talking to my wife last night and was discussing the differences between the Elise and the Exige. I then showed her some clips from Top Gear on the Exige and proceeded to tell her that I thought I could find a used one for $53k or so. She then said, "Don't you want a new one instead? I think you should get a new one so you'll know how it's been treated."

I love my wife! :D

I don't know when it will happen, but I might have an Exige in my future. Now the hard part... what color...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went thru the same scenario weeks ago with my bride. Showed her the vids and educated her as well. She gave me the same response your's gave you...to basically get what you want.
Now that we have made the decision, she brings it up in conversation more than I do, so don't be surprised if her enthusiasium is just as much as yours, if not more!
Good luck on your decision, and remember, life is not a rehearssal.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
where do you guys find such great wifes? My wife hates my car obsession. She would do anything so I will get rid of my Elise and two miatas.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Yeh, my ex ex girl friend made me sell my first car, a 69 Fiat Spyder. If I had kept it then I could resell it lateer for 10 times more. Good thing I am not married to her.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife is awesome. When we bought the Lotus, she insisted as a condition that we track the car. When I told her I would only feel comfortable with that if we both took Skip Barber first, she said that would be great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife's dad is a big car nut, so I think she is just used to the idea of guys wanting nice cars. Her dad has had some nice cars too. He currently has a 996 Turbo S and is swapping it out for a 997 Turbo (can't wait to drive it!). The 996 is just a perfect car, ridiculous power and grip.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
my gf loves cars just as much as i do too! Once in a while I joke about selling the Elise to have more money for "other things" and she punches me LOL.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'm never getting married :p My girlfriend would let me buy what I want, but then she'd bitch about it later when I don't have the excess money she wants.
Sounds like a great gf :rolleyes: tell her to get a job

·
Registered
425 Posts
I, like the rest of you I'm sure, am obsessed with cars. I hope to eventually get an Exige S. I was talking to my wife last night and was discussing the differences between the Elise and the Exige. I then showed her some clips from Top Gear on the Exige and proceeded to tell her that I thought I could find a used one for $53k or so. She then said, "Don't you want a new one instead? I think you should get a new one so you'll know how it's been treated."

I love my wife! :D

I don't know when it will happen, but I might have an Exige in my future. Now the hard part... what color...
It sounds to me that you will probably be in the market for some very expensive jewelry or clothing in the near future. You might even have a trip to an exotic island in your future.rotfl It's been my experience that whenever my girlfriend gets excited for me to buy something for myself that she has already picked out something for herself and has been waiting for the perfect moment to tell me what it is. For example, last week I stopped at a local hobby store and bought a rocket because I was bored and never shot off a rocket. My girlfriend was so excited to see me act like a 12 year old and thought rocketry would be a fun hobby for me. On the way home I got my first pedicure of my life and she had her nails done and a pedicure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife is allergic to most metals and doesn't care for jewelry :)

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
When my wife picked me up for the umpteenth time at work because my Fiat wouldn't start (fried starter this time), as we were driving home, she said "Maybe you should start thinking about a new car." "Yeah, I said, finally admitting defeat, I sat there quietly running through various "practical" cars that I might be able to stomach. She broke the silence with "You should get that Elise you're always talking about!" She's also the one who, 15 years earlier, bought the Fiat for me. When I came out of work one day, there was a shiny red Fiat Spider where I usually parked in place of my old Datsun 200SX with a note from her telling me where the keys were. I fired it up...and the tailpipe assembly fell off.

Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just tell your wife a joyful life is all about balance and passion and adventure, the more you love the monster in your garage (exotic exige S), the more intense your love is for her, so is to boost sex life too. I'd definitely go extreme, the exige (im sure you are obsessed) if I were to buy a Lotus. Otherwise you may settle for something a little more comfy yet still fun to drive, S2000, cayman S, boxster S

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only thing that will stop me from getting the exige is if it feels so small that it doesn't feel safe. I have yet to actually check one out in person. I'm living in Lubbock, TX until the middle of May and then it's off to Dallas.

My back up selection is the cayman S or maybe even a used 996 Turbo :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts