The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From everything Ive been reading, it seems buyers are getting new MY11 NA's for around 15-20k under MSRP. I havent seen much info on MY11 S, however. Could a buyer get a new MY11 S for 15-20k under MSRP, or would 10k under be more realistic?

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
I saw 24K off the ORIGINAL 84+K sticker on a 2010. ($59995) I believe that was about the best buy made on a 2010LE. That restickered car was 76K so it was 16K off that sticker.
On the 2011's has anyone bought a LE equivalent machine for under 59995?? I'm trying to do a direct comparison. I know there were a few base (No packages etc with MSRP's in mid 60's) I sure hope no one paid more than 60K for one of those or they got hosed.
The "S"s are different. There are obviously less of them and they had MSRP's ~90K for loaded birds. They certainly shouldn't be selling for more than 75K at present as they are a model year old. Just MHO. After 2 yrs of sales numbers, you'd think Lotus would be getting a grip on what the market is willing to pay. Personally any of us that has purchased a non "S" for anything around 60K has gotten an incredible car at an incredible price!! Same can be said for "S" buyers if any have gotten in the door for 75-80K depending on when they made their purchase.

Let's hope that factory awakens soon!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
besides the few 2012's in the states... the next batch should be labeled 2013's... I cant believe its the 2nd quarter and there are only a dozen or so cars in the states designated 2012's... when i looked into the S, they had a few thousand off, but nothing spectacular.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
There's factory money on MY11 NA cars ONLY and nothing on S models since Lotus only brought in roughly 60 cars to North America.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to disagree that there are a lot of Evora S available for sale. I'm definitely in the market and had to order one because there isn't anything available with the right options and more importantly color combinations. The few that are available do not appear to be flying off the shelf, so if you negotiate carefully you should be able to get close to the invoice. The pain is that usually you cannot shop multiple dealers in the same area.

There are some used ones available where you should be able to realistically get 15-20k off MSRP with very low miles. I've watched an ebay auction on a white loaded 2011 S go up to 60k before the auction ended and reserve price was not met. The asking price (from the pictures) was 70k. The guy who bought it tried to flip it right away on ebay (eye roll) and kept lowering the price, looked like it sold around 65ish.

Things will change significantly once (and if?) 2012 S models will start hitting US dealers in numbers. Your best bet is probably to call the dealers within a distance where you can drive/ship the car from and see if you can work out a nice deal. Good luck and let the forum know how it works out :)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I purchased my MY11 Evora NA in February of 2012. Sticker on the car was just a touch under $77k and I paid $66400. I thought it was a good deal for a Black Package car, but I'm sure there are better deals out there. I think you would be doing great for anything more than $12K under sticker.
I have noticed that the numbers of Evoras for sale seem to be low. My local dealer had 5 MY11 2 weeks ago and only have 2 now. the saleman said the MY12 deliveries for them were pushed back till possibly May.
I would guess supply and demand will start catching up if we do not see more Evoras getting shipped. I also heard that most of the new MY12 were going to be IPS cars. Less sticks out there may mean higher prices for the manuals.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/going-lease-evora-113205/

all 2011 NA's: msrp $80,170, for sale $66,695; MSRP $70,340, for sale $59,695; MSRP $75,550, for sale at $62,695.

I have no connection to the website the OP listed (Lotus of Cleveland?). It's interesting though to see actual prices versus speculative prices. And, I'll assume that if they are willing to list these prices, a serious buyer might even shave a little more.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Things will change significantly once (and if?) 2012 S models will start hitting US dealers in numbers. Your best bet is probably to call the dealers within a distance where you can drive/ship the car from and see if you can work out a nice deal. Good luck and let the forum know how it works out :)
Lotus doesn't do anything in numbers and MY12 cars are slow in coming. Last conversation with LCU stated that between cars in stock and cars on the water, there is a total of 50 cars for all of North America. I believe there's roughly 43 dealers total which means some dealers won't get cars until later on.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I purchased my brand new loaded (all options available, except power mirrors) NA MY '11 Evora for $61K with an original MSRP sticker of $79.3K. My understanding was that there was about $10K of Lotus money that took it from $79K to $69K, then the rest was me chipping away over a course of about 2-3 weeks. Given, what Abe says, I would guess the best you could do is maybe $7 - 9K off, based on how the car is optioned given the only room you have to work with is the diff between invoice (dealer cost) and whatever the MSRP is. Still a good deal, but it would have been a smok'n deal if Lotus were to throw in some incentive money as well. If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait and see what happens in a few months. If they aren't moving, dealers will start to pressure LCU for incentive help and they may (or may not) get it. I had been looking at Evora's since Oct. of last year, but never found a deal that was within the range I wanted to pay (for new only). Then came the new year and I noticed dealers started responding to my e-mail inquiries with a bit more attention.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted a 2012 Evora S with the six speed manual and didn't want to wait for half the driving season to be over (I live in Chicago). I also wanted the carbon grey which made it even more difficult.

I only found one in the entire country and just bought it at sticker. It was worth it to me to get what I wanted before someone else grabbed it. Lotus of Pittsburgh shipped it to Fox Valley Motorcars and I pick it up to tomorrow.

Couldn't be more excited.

I've owned Porsche, Viper, SRT10 Viper truck but this car has me more gassed than any of them.

See ya on the road.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wanted a 2012 Evora S with the six speed manual and didn't want to wait for half the driving season to be over (I live in Chicago). I also wanted the carbon grey which made it even more difficult.

I only found one in the entire country and just bought it at sticker. It was worth it to me to get what I wanted before someone else grabbed it. Lotus of Pittsburgh shipped it to Fox Valley Motorcars and I pick it up to tomorrow.

Couldn't be more excited.

I've owned Porsche, Viper, SRT10 Viper truck but this car has me more gassed than any of them.

See ya on the road.
Congrats, BK, and drive it like you stole it! Nice to see someone 'convert' from the company you've kept in the past.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/going-lease-evora-113205/

all 2011 NA's: msrp $80,170, for sale $66,695; MSRP $70,340, for sale $59,695; MSRP $75,550, for sale at $62,695.

I have no connection to the website the OP listed (Lotus of Cleveland?). It's interesting though to see actual prices versus speculative prices. And, I'll assume that if they are willing to list these prices, a serious buyer might even shave a little more.

Thank you for the confirmation of my thoughts !!!!!

66K for a black package pretty good cuz its a special order and if that's your thing you should be VERY happy!:clap:

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
I purchased my brand new loaded (all options available, except power mirrors) NA MY '11 Evora for $61K with an original MSRP sticker of $79.3K. My understanding was that there was about $10K of Lotus money that took it from $79K to $69K, then the rest was me chipping away over a course of about 2-3 weeks. Given, what Abe says, I would guess the best you could do is maybe $7 - 9K off, based on how the car is optioned given the only room you have to work with is the diff between invoice (dealer cost) and whatever the MSRP is. Still a good deal, but it would have been a smok'n deal if Lotus were to throw in some incentive money as well. If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait and see what happens in a few months. If they aren't moving, dealers will start to pressure LCU for incentive help and they may (or may not) get it. I had been looking at Evora's since Oct. of last year, but never found a deal that was within the range I wanted to pay (for new only). Then came the new year and I noticed dealers started responding to my e-mail inquiries with a bit more attention.
Another excellent purchase my friend for sex on wheels. Please get the Radium CAI. Its like getting another freebie!!rotfl

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Congrats, BK.

FWIW, when I bought my MY11 S (loaded) last August, I was told that the difference between invoice and sticker was about $10K. We reached a point in between. It had all the options and was nearly the color I wanted, and I didn't want to wait any longer to order one anyway, so I was OK with the price.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Thanks brg, I'm actually going to go with the Lotus sport exhaust for my first mod, but the radium CAI was definitely number 2 on my list!

·
Registered
28 Posts
@dash700, do you know what the invoice prices are for evoras? Is it ~75% of MSRP?
Ha! That would be pretty nice. Unfortunately I don't know what the invoice is, maybe a dealer reading this thread could volunteer that information. My uneducated guess plus anecdotal evidence suggests that it's in line with competitors (e.g. Porsche).

Hehe, honestly if you're trying to get the best deal possible, it's hard to pass up the offers on normally aspirated models. And there are still enough of them where you can find the one with the right options, color combination, and price range.

If you really want an Evora S, the best thing is to talk to a dealer and see what they can do for you. My experience has been much more positive talking to Lotus sales persons as opposed to other car brands. You can quickly get a sense of the best offer without a lot of games.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Ha! That would be pretty nice. Unfortunately I don't know what the invoice is, maybe a dealer reading this thread could volunteer that information. My uneducated guess plus anecdotal evidence suggests that it's in line with competitors (e.g. Porsche).

In California, I think it's the Law that a car dealer must show you the Invoice, IF you ask to see it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts