The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was just sent to the L.A. auto show but was able to take a few shots before leaving. Sorry, taking photos isn't my strong suit (sp?)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd part

Attachments

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last part

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks improved!

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Many small but nice improvements. I had a hard time "not waiting" for MY2012. Glad I got the Racing Heritage model, but you really have something to be proud of.

Please keep us informed as to your evaluation of the trans.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The new interiors are tacky as hell.

There, I said it.

But it probably means the cars will sell like hotcakes, because after all there's a reason there are so many M3s on the road.

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Enjoy it. They're all beautiful. Piping is pretty sweet IMHO. After a few years, some changes were needed to keep interest. I've got mine, nuff said!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
It doesn't look terrible, but I'm not sure I like this color scheme, actually. :( Somehow it falls short of being sporty or elegant. It tries to be both and fails midway.

For elegant, lose the red stitching, red piping and textured panels on the seats. Replace the faux carbon fiber texture with glossy black or original brushed aluminum. Paint the calipers black.. Not sure I like the rims, the spokes look bent, although I understand that's the 'look'. Just not a nice look, IMO. Oh and lose the obnoxiously large LOTUS logo on the sill. The interior changes have "afterthought" written all over it.

For sporty, I would prefer to go all out. Draw the cool texture of the steering wheel and dash out throughout the central tunnel, door sill, and door latch surround.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I especially like the darker headliner and the darker, textured material around the air bag and on the instrument surround.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Abe,

Thanks for posting the pics. Much appreciated.

I kept thinking that the IPS was not going to be available on the S until MY13. Did I get the year wrong?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Good to know that in all the "112 improvements" since 2010, my short list has NOT been addressed:

• Silver disc buttons with poor backlite and no tactile feel
  • Window/mirror controls in unreachable spot that traps your hand
  • No automatic climate control, as featured on high end exotics like Nissan Sentra
I swear I will crash my Lotus either:
  • Trying to determine if the "Recirc" button is pressed
    (you cup your hand around the button and squint...you've done it!)
  • Attempting to adjust the top knob of the A/C controls
Still the best car I've ever owned, but possibly made much better by such simple and cheap changes.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The Mayan calander wasn't about the universe ending. They predicted that the world would enter a phase of existance when even Lotus offers an automatic.
Not the first time Lotus offered an automatic.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Can't say that I like most of these changes either. I'm feeling very happy with my 2011, especially since the shifter cables have been replaced.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
As much as I like the 2011 MY, I am looking forward to the 2012. Great pics Abe! Thanks for posting.....

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Nick :up:

The car looks and feels much better although I never really had any problems with the current models but in a market dominated by automatic transmission, this should help boost sales. I really like this new and improved interior and the fit and finish is great all around.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts