The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Getting the 'Fancy' Upholstery treatments??? (Bet you thought I was asking if black was the only color available, eh?)

Yes, I've searched ;)

Noticed the Cognac interior in an 2014 Evora in Long Island dealership had similar upholstery to the 10s &11s. Made me realize that I hadn't seen an Oyster with all the fanciness, like the black leather with red piping or stitching.

Changing gears a bit (pun intended) Are there aftermarket suspension upgrades that would bring a 10 or 11 up to or better than the suspension upgrades the 2012s and up received?

Appreciate it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Meaning if you add the Ohlin or Nitron Suspension systems? Easy answer is yes, but expect to pay a lot more.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not sure if you have a N/A or S, but there is also the Motorsport spec. wishbone kit upgrade as well.

Don't quote me, but I believe Nitron is 6k and Ohlins are 8k (ish).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found a Persian Blue/oyster NA with low low miles.....at a dang 'Stealership.'

I have a FI Infinti with more power than I can use.......while aftermarket for it was not cheap......BC coilovers where around $3K if I rem correctly, not in the same league.

Wrestling with the same decision as many others......pre 2012 or not....NA or S, now or later ;)

you guys know how it is.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The black interior with the red piping etc is the Motorsport premium interior. I believe there are/were 4 color options that arrived in 12. The colors were black with red, red with black, blue with black, and one other which I think was brown with black piping.

Prior to 12 the interiors were 2 tone with a base color (usually black) with the other color on the seats and a band around the interior.

From 12 the interior was all one color, with an upgrade to more leather (again one color) or the Motorsport interior. The only way to get a contrasting interior was to get the full suedetex package which made the band and seats gray suede.

Based on that you can get an 10/11 with black and an oyster band or a 12 on with an all oyster interior but not with contrasting stitching ( which I'd agree would be a nice combo). I've only seen one 13 with an oyster interior and it looked pretty good although it's a lot of light leather in there, it really could do with a contrasting color.

I think I read somewhere there's a package to upgrade the bushings etc to a 12 on but it's pricey.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can't go wrong either way in my opinion. I jumped on the 11 because of the price and the color combo (white/red interior). I test drove a 12 and 13 the same day. Interior was bit more refined and it was an S so a little more power. To me it wasn't worth the extra cash and I wasn't a fan of either color combo of those cars.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motorsport premium...... Got it.

I've been designing laz-y-boy type recliners for 20 years this month. I know the point of a "Sports Car" is not centered around stitching in the seats. I just hate to rush into a purchase and then coveting an option or two.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The black interior with the red piping etc is the Motorsport premium interior. I believe there are/were 4 color options that arrived in 12. The colors were black with red, red with black, blue with black, and one other which I think was brown with black piping.

Prior to 12 the interiors were 2 tone with a base color (usually black) with the other color on the seats and a band around the interior.

From 12 the interior was all one color, with an upgrade to more leather (again one color) or the Motorsport interior. The only way to get a contrasting interior was to get the full suedetex package which made the band and seats gray suede.

Based on that you can get an 10/11 with black and an oyster band or a 12 on with an all oyster interior but not with contrasting stitching ( which I'd agree would be a nice combo). I've only seen one 13 with an oyster interior and it looked pretty good although it's a lot of light leather in there, it really could do with a contrasting color.

I think I read somewhere there's a package to upgrade the bushings etc to a 12 on but it's pricey.
I've got an Oyster interior. We love it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I've got an Oyster interior. We love it.
That might have been the one I saw, oyster and nightfall is a beautiful combo and I haven't seen a lot of oyster on the later interiors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts