The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
cable J06?

Anyone know what/where this cable is supposed to connect??? It's by the oem battery install location and runs behind the boot liner/felt on the wall seperating the engine bay from the boot..

I have a relocated battery, so it might be ok d/c'd, but while i was futzing around reattaching the rear clam this AM, i heard "something" and was wondering if i might have disconnected it. I thought it might be alarm related because after i reattached the clam, i get the constant beep out of the alarm system when i arm it.

Attachments

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
It connects to the green box -poke-

2628296-351669.jpg

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i should be more careful over those bumps then...

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and assume its the same wire harness as the exige, and this is for the 3rd brake light thats at the back of the car.

get a volt meter on that sucker and hit the lights. does it show voltage? (then do the same when you hit the brakes.)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it is for the trunk switch.
I'm betting that is the correct answer - now i need to find the other end of it so i can arm my alarm if necesscary. Thanks -

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and assume its the same wire harness as the exige, and this is for the 3rd brake light thats at the back of the car.

get a volt meter on that sucker and hit the lights. does it show voltage? (then do the same when you hit the brakes.)

thanks - 3rd brakelight on the Elise is mounted high on the back of the roll bar cover? It was a good guess.

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
yeah I just took a guess like I said, I thought maybe they had the wires back there for the exige light too.. oh well.

it did end up being for the lid switch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts