The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all of you who tried to help me out with this one a while back ----

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/mystery-part-can-anyone-please-help-identify-118508/

Here's a new twist....

I went to fill my windscreen washer bottle today, and low and behold, look what I found !

The little rubber plug on top of the fill cap is identical to my "mystery part" that I found lying underneath the rear of the car previously. So, I thought....great, right ? Mystery solved. Trouble is the part was already firmly in place, where it should be, on the bottle cap......So, where the hell did this second one come from, then ? No other washer bottles on the car, other than the one in the front boot......and no other V8 Esprits have ever been in my garage (which could have lost their plug :)). So, I still don't know where this one goes ---- but, Lotus is obviously "dual-purposing" this little sucker :p I am now quite sure it belongs on the car somewhere ---- just have no clue where :confused:.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It also gets used as a stop buffer on the headlight lift mechanism.
AWESOME --- thanks !

I just had a look, and you are indeed correct --- the same part is used in those locations (2X), as well. Trouble is, mine are both in place there, too...... So, I guess now it's a matter of trying to discover a 4th location and usage for this part :shrug:

I'm about ready to place a call to Hethel.........oh wait, no one will be there to answer a phone anymore :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts