The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mr. twaszak1 you are a genius! the cabin light does NOT come on when you open the passenger door, but does when you open the driver's side door.

so I think your analysis is dead on and it needs to be connected to the door pin switch.

but how the heck do I get into the frame to reconnect it to the door switch?

anyone have a procedure on this?

·
Registered
389 Posts
mr. twaszak1 you are a genius! the cabin light does NOT come on when you open the passenger door, but does when you open the driver's side door.

so I think your analysis is dead on and it needs to be connected to the door pin switch.

but how the heck do I get into the frame to reconnect it to the door switch?

anyone have a procedure on this?
I think you will need to take the door sill cover off in order to get it hooked back up. It connects to the little spring loaded switch that is depressed when the door closes. I don't think you can reach it without taking the sill off.

EDIT: Actually, it may be easier to remove the right-side panel (the larger panel the panel you have already removed fits in). I believe that might open up a big enough hole to get your had through and reach down to the switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.