The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a lot of threads talking about heatsoak problem with 07 Exige S intercooler because it is located on top of the engine and also because the roof scoop is not big enough.

Now I'm wondering if one of those Nitrous Intercooler sprayer could be a cheap possible solution to resolve that problem temporary. I dont run my car hard often but when it happen this could maximize the potential of the engine and supercharger to extract all possible horsepower....

Anybody here have seen one installed on a Lotus before ???

What's your opinion ?

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Yeah, but realistically, how long is it going to last? Not long.

So no its not really a good solution.

As long as the car isn't getting knock, the intake temps are not that big of a deal.

If you really want to solve the problem, a charge cooler or meth/alky injection would work, but that is major overkill.

Intercooler sprayers = lame. If you want to spray your intercooler why not carry a Co2 fire extinguisher?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My guess is that the nitrous sprayer would be efficient long enough for a drag race for example.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a research couple days ago and found nothing here on the forum..

So dont bother me for that kid.. No big deal...

It is not going to be the first time that 2 threads are similar here, no ?

I'll follow your thread and follow mine. The more informations we share on the subject, the more it will be better for you and me. Thats it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may have bought the wrong car...
I was waiting for that one... No I didnt bought the wrong car cause I love it.

I just want to make it even more efficient. And I'm not the only one here that want to upgrade his car to a better level.

The car is very good in his stock form but not perfect on every point.

I know it is not a drag race car, it is a track car. But that doesnt mean the car cant go fast in straight line ? On a track you have straights and curves. You need to to be fast in both if you want to have a decent lap time.

Right now my friends with his Acura RSX type S 2006 is doing some mods to his car and he's gonna put 210-215 RWHP and I want to stay ahead of him.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I heard it works on other forums from people who have dyno'd it, but its a matter of how long the bottle will last.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard it works on other forums from people who have dyno'd it, but its a matter of how long the bottle will last.
Exactly and I'm wondering how long and how much it can cost refill a bottle..

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Sounds like the bottle won't last too long but helped produced a decent amount of HP on the dyno...

a 5 lbs bottle tends to last about 3 passes at the strip - lots of people use C02 as its a bit less costly; we can also supply these kits with larger bottles if need be

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=148733&page=2&highlight=n-tercooler+dyno

I did a baseline test (277.3 hp, 257.8 at the wheels), and then after a cool-down period I did another run with the N-Tercooler activated by the full-throttle switch.

The results? 325.6 hp, 314.4 torque...I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I got very similar results on another run just before, too, so this wasn't a fluke.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=40785&highlight=n-tercooler

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW ! What's your car ???

Sounds like the bottle won't last too long but helped produced a decent amount of HP on the dyno...

a 5 lbs bottle tends to last about 3 passes at the strip - lots of people use C02 as its a bit less costly; we can also supply these kits with larger bottles if need be

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=148733&page=2&highlight=n-tercooler+dyno

I did a baseline test (277.3 hp, 257.8 at the wheels), and then after a cool-down period I did another run with the N-Tercooler activated by the full-throttle switch.

The results? 325.6 hp, 314.4 torque...I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I got very similar results on another run just before, too, so this wasn't a fluke.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=40785&highlight=n-tercooler

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
oh, that wasn't my car using the n-tercooler system, just copy & paste stuff from another forum.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
What I have seen from dyno's is that the nitrous ends up getting sucked into the intake system and thats where the extra power comes from....not so much the cooling effect, though that can account for some of the power.

This is why many poeple warn against using the CO2 versions of these kits because the CO2 can get sucked into the intake and displace the oxygen...giving you less power.

However in our engines any extra nitrous would probably be blown right out the fastback (in an Exige) and would not make it to the intake.

If your gonna use nitrous, it would be much more advantages to just inject it straight into the intake like a normal nitrous kit. That way the cold nitrous plus the fuel vapor soak up the heat, plus you get the extra power of nitrous (in a much more controlled manner).

Or, look into water injection kits. Its helps cool down the intake temps, plus it creates a higher octane rating, helps cleans the engine a little and you don't have a pressurized oxider somewhere in the car.

I've been looking at Snow Performace for when I go supercharged...they have some very affordable kits.

A bottle of water in your trunk wont do this rotfl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts