The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Evora owners. While getting ready to install my new CAI, I received a CEL code of 0159. The code is related to the oxygen sensor somehow; my OBD reader is limited. It only allows me to view and clear codes. This is the 2nd time I have received this code. The first was cleared by Lotus of Atlanta. They said that it would not impact my driving right away. They cleared it and I moved on. I wanted to see if any other Evora owners out there have gotten this and can provide any insight on how they handled it and more importantly if I should stop driving it or hold off on installing the intake. If required, is replacing the O2 sensor very complicated or a long stay in the shop for the Evora?

FYI: My car is a 2011 NA Evora 100% stock. The CAI will be my first modification. I really wanted to get it done this weekend, but it looks like I may have to wait. Yesterday, I did notice that the car was slow to get out of 1st gear.

I appreciate anyone who is willing to share any related experience or information they may have.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't clean them. I wouldn't even know where to find them on this car. Not a mechanic or anything remotely similar. That said, I installed my CAI today and drove about 60 miles afterwards. No CEL at the moment.

I'll probably stop by and let the guys in Austin take a look at it this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts