The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
the question isn't whether a tune is available or not (since that can be figured out pretty quickly with a few minutes on google)

the real question is, what's your budget?

pending on how much you want to spend will dictate how accurate of a tune you will get (or if its even worth it prior to other mods being done)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well actually, I've only seen tunes for model years up to 2007. And I've heard for some reason there might be a delay/issue developing one for the 2008+ cars. And I just wanted to see if anyone had more information on this.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well actually, I've only seen tunes for model years up to 2007. And I've heard for some reason there might be a delay/issue developing one for the 2008+ cars. And I just wanted to see if anyone had more information on this.
Search for "black dash tune." It's because in 2008, Lotus switched to faster CANbus speeds and a slightly different protocol for the new black dashboard.

When they did that they also substantially changed other parts of firmware on the ECU, so the work done for reverse engineering the pre-'08 cars has to be redone for the post-'08 ones.

hackish and Phil (Fastworks + BOE) say they're working on a "black dash" tune but their release date has slipped several times now and I don't think they're giving estimates anymore (such is software...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.