The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't seem to find a used car value on NADA. The exige s is listed but doesn't provide its value. my credit union uses NADA value to make decision on an auto loan. how do you guys find out the value of your exige?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Market value. Just look and see what they are selling for based on year, color, options, mileage, ect.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Market value. Just look and see what they are selling for based on year, color, options, mileage, ect.
Banks use books with market values i.e. KBB, Nada, Black Book etc. etc. so just telling a bank what market value is will not suffice, they need hard evidence.

OP, which dealer are you purchasing from? I'm sure they have something that might assist you with your bank.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Unfortunately, the county I live in was able to find a value for the Elise/Exige using the Black Book. It has a rather high value in there and thus a fairly large personal property tax. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
I found this info for an 07 exige. What year is yours?
Summary Used Exige S 07

7/27/2009

Sports Cars
2007 Lotus Exige Exige S 2 Door Coupe
Note: U.S. DISTRIBUTOR: LOTUS CARS USA 2236 NORTHMONT PARKWAY DULUTH, GA 30096-5895 PHONE: (770) 476-6540 MANUFACTURER: LOTUS CARS LTD, HETHEL, NORWICH, ENGLAND
PRICING

Original MSRP: $59,890

Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $44,000 $47,800 $52,400

TOTAL PRICE $44,000 $47,800* $52,400

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.
* "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility.

©Copyright 2009 NADAguides.com. All Rights Reserved
©NADASC 2009. All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I work at a credit union and found that the 08 doesnt list a value and it doesnt even have a 09 exige listed in the online version that we use

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Many Exige owners have gone through this ordeal when looking for a loan....it was even worse in 07-08 because Kelly and NADA didnt even list the model (or Lotus) peroid.

Back in 07 when I applied for my loan, I simply printed out a list of all the 06 & 07 Exiges that were on Autotrader at the time and showed that to the bank, they then agreed that the price my seller was asking was fair.

Texas also did not have it in the system for tax purposes, so they simply agreed with the bill of sale I had....I guess they figured $50K was a good amount to tax anyways :rolleyes:

Still to this day my insurance card says Lotus Elise because Nationwide didnt have the car in their system. (oh and dont worry about technicalities, it didnt keep them from paying a claim on the car :D )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts