The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Will Lotus also have a display, reps, etc. at the NAIAS in January. Detroit's an easier commute being in OH.

Thanks.

By the way, great forum!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
ttt

I might go to the Detroit show anyway, I never made it so far. Being able to see the Elise (in a few different colors :) ) would be awesome. LA is kind of far, and the date does not work well for me.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
What is the unfortunate thing, is that the dates with LA conflict. Which really sucks. Every car company has to decide which show gets that concept car or introduction roll out.

Lucky for us on the west coast, Lotus goes with the LA Auto Show.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Ah, yes, now that you mention it, I remember that both shows were going on when Subaru introduced the STi early this year. I believe they actually unveiled it at both shows, on different days. But since Lotus is so small, I certainly understand that they couldn't be at both. It's just that they picked the wrong one! :p

·
Registered
687 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Ah, yes, now that you mention it, I remember that both shows were going on when Subaru introduced the STi early this year. I believe they actually unveiled it at both shows, on different days. But since Lotus is so small, I certainly understand that they couldn't be at both. It's just that they picked the wrong one! :p
If I'm not mistaken, the STi unveiling was at Detroit in order to upstage the LA unveiling of the Evo that was just a few days earlier.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Since most automakers now focus on the Detroit show, Lotus can likely make a bigger splash at LA. Frankly LA will be attended by many more people who are likely to buy the Elise. Detroit is no doubt a more prominent show but I think LA is a smarter move for a small sportscar maker like Lotus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand SoCal is an important market for a roadster and as such it's only logical the unveiling should be there. Since LA runs (I think) Jan 4 - 11 and Detriot is Jan 10 - 19 the conflict is minimized. Maybe a couple US spec Elises and a couple reps from Lotus USA might be willing to brave the Great White North? You know, throw the faithful up here a bone. I'm not expecting a budget busting display just actual paint samples and intelligent answers to any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts