The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened up the passenger-side access panel on my 05 Elise, to find 4 wires that I couldn't identify. All are near the fuse box.

Any one out here have any idea what #1, #2, #3, and #4 are?

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
power supply to engine and aircon fans.

the box they plug into is a multi function realy control.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
not great pictures, but i will try....
#1, i would guess the clam has been replaced (saw yellow paint on wires in one picture) and they forgot to attach the antenna to the underside so they coiled it up and attached it there. if you follow it you should find a connection about the size of a pencil. It will be a male female connector and the male side will me metal. If i am right.

#2, i cant tell what the picture is, sorry.

#3, and #4 are the radiator fan connectors and they look connected so they are fine. they come from the factory attached to the brown radiator support structure with zip ties.

If i am wrong and you can get clearer pics i bet we can sort it out.

T.J.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
wow, yeah they have these buttons on most cameras called "focus".. the idea is to twiddle around with them until you get a picture where you can see stuff...

anyway.. the 2 big ones are definately the fans...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the image quality on #2 -- I'm on the road this week and unfortunately only have a camera phone. Out of 5 photos that was the best one darn it... I appreciate the advice on the focus button though :)

Will definitely post a better picture!

Thank you TJ for persevering past the poor resolution and identifying those 3 - your knowledge never ceases to amaze...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts