The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclosure: I have no vested interest in this, just thought it might be useful to the forum members. I do know one of the operations guys and 2 of the instructors.

The North American Road Racing Association (NARRA) (narraonline.com) was created in November, 2008 when a group of drivers bought the assets of Viper Days and the Viper Racing League. The purchase of a series with so much history and achievement has allowed NARRA to build upon a foundation that took Skip Thomas fourteen years to create.

These guys run a good program and have offered a discount to Noble, Rossion and Lotus owners.

They have events at Texas World Speedway, Roebling Road and Daytona remaining in 2009.

Their structure is a little different and has some good advantages.

• They grid participants by lap times. This reduces closing speeds and improves safety. It also minimizes passing, or being stuck in those annoying trains. This maximizes your time driving quality laps.
• Highly skilled, advanced instructors on staff, including a number of well known professional drivers to help you get that last bit of speed.
• Fewer run groups maximize your on track time. They limit the number and types cars. No 1995 Sentras.
• NARRA is open to all high-end, high-performance cars and all high-end car club members.

Let me know if I can help or answer questions.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
How do they get the lap times?

What is the cost?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part of the deal is they put a transponder in each car.

I don't want to publish prices here but you can go to the website or call them. Tell them that you are part of the Rossion/Noble/Lotus forum group. If there are any questions Jim Garrett of NARRA can fill them in.

The prices are in line with everyone else after the discount with more track time and no pesky slow cars.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Just found the pricing and its considerably higher than any other DE type events run in Texas.

The event costs $545.00 for the 2 day event and the test and tune on Friday is $395. Looks like there are a few other fee's you need to pay as well that may total in the $50-$100 range.

Its pretty standard in this area to pay around $300 total to run a 2 day event.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call them. You will be happy with the discount. They can probably have you talk with past participants if you want to understand the quality and quantity of track time.

Dave Scott, Tommy Archer and Jim Garrett are instructors. They are very accomplished drivers.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I dont know Tommy Archer or Jim Garrett, but Dave Scott has been one of my facebook friends for a while now.. Have not met him yet, but we have talked a few times online.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tommy Archer is Bobby Archer's brother. Tommy is a Pro SCCA racer of Vipers as was Tommy.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Tommy Archer is Bobby Archer's brother. Tommy is a Pro SCCA racer of Vipers as was Tommy.
Awesome... Will have to wait and see what the discount is, Ill call them on Monday..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you guys get the NARRA discount info?

Is anyone going? I am going if the car gets here in time.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You get the Rossion in? :) I won't be attending, but would drive up to see it and hopefully get a ride in it on the track.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LordZ,

It gets put on trailer next week. I hope to have it at the end of next week so it won't be here for NARRA.

I will be bringing it down to Houston soon after I get it.

D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Awww... That was the only real reason I was gonna drive up there. :)

Let us know when you can get it in Houston. Or I'll be up at MSR Cresson on Sept. 12th. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts