The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
of course!

Going to be thin on Loti this time. Normally we're good for 3-4 of them, but not this time :(

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Turbophil,
Will you be posting video of your runs? Hallet is an interesting track, especially with it's variations in surface quality. A real test of suspension and tire options.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Will do my best. Changed the video setup last race, and it didn't work perfectly. I posted a 1:21 on BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products of hallett my last time there. Check it out if you like. I was still learning the CCW track (normal direction, although the one time I was there a couple years back was CW). I was getting lost on 5/6 (top of the hill if I have the corners #'s wrong) and basically getting parked. In the video, you'll see that I have time to txt the wife and plan dinner in that particular sector. It's sad. The good news is there's a second and a half waiting for me right there!

Track record in that direction is 1:18.7. So I'm not too far off given my inexperience there.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The 2-11 will not be ready in time. As it stands I'm looking to do the New Orleans track in November and that will be just to say I'm back.
At this point just looking forward to a clean start in 2013.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I might have to drive out to watch and say hello to who comes out. Hallett is just about an hour from Owasso.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
That conflicts with SCCA National Championship Runoffs
SCCA is yesterday's news:p

Sorry man, I didn't make the schedule:shrug:

Looking forward to breaking bread with you one day for sure though!:up:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phil,
Could you please bring me a ITG filter that day?
I can save the shipping since I will meet you there!?
Thanks,
Matthew

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I would love to come out - on Sat. The OU game I'll be at but Sunday I could probably make it out to watch and meet you all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got an email from NASA saying they are going to cancel this event. Anybody know the reason?

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Well there was an unexpected shortfall in entries. They're trying to scramble and keep this particular event running. Last time at hallett, there were well over 100 cars. Not so much this time-- and by a long shot. So they're looking for Saturday DE guys. Anyone interesting in the Tulsa area?

Tulsa DE for next saturday the 22nd. TONS AND TONS of DE track time. No experience required. I'd need to know by tomorrow, the 15th. Ask your friends and let me know!

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Low turnout, it is an economic sign of the times. It isn't just big businesses which are sitting on their cash nowadays.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phil,

I am down for any event as long as I can get my first track time on my Exige. I am trying to get more people to go. 2 of my friends are interested as well but haven't confirm yet. Sorry for a stupid question. What do you mean by DE. Is it like a normal COMMA Hallet always has at the end of the month.

Matthew

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
So they just couldnt get the needed 50 cars. Weird. Three weeks ago, turnout was solid, earlier this year at hallatt over a 100... Seems like it was just the wrong weekend. I know of about 10 guys that just couldn't make it for one reason or another. To be fair, most of our region is well north of KC, so making the trip to hallatt is by far the longest drive 8hours for most), so the time commitment is the hardest there...

We're going to do a DE on Friday at MAM, just south of Omaha. welcome to join!

Phil

·
Registered
488 Posts
So they just couldnt get the needed 50 cars. Weird. Three weeks ago, turnout was solid, earlier this year at hallatt over a 100... Seems like it was just the wrong weekend. I know of about 10 guys that just couldn't make it for one reason or another. To be fair, most of our region is well north of KC, so making the trip to hallatt is by far the longest drive 8hours for most), so the time commitment is the hardest there...

We're going to do a DE on Friday at MAM, just south of Omaha. welcome to join!

Phil
My money says NCAA football is your culprit.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Well it's not racing, but we need some track time for fun and test'n tune. So we're heading back up to MAM for open lapping all day Friday. We'll pull in Thursday night and hit the Esses first thing Friday AM and are it until that gates close at 5. Happy to have some folks join!

Best,

Phil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts