The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the SCCA forums but haven't found an Elise driver or ride yet.

I'm looking for either a co drive or someone that wants to co drive with me at Nationals.

I'm thinking it may not be worth the trip to run on cold tires.

Anyone still looking for a ride or co driver?

E mail me Ryan at jjsons.com

Ryan Johnson 59/159ss

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not letting your kids to co-drive at National? ;)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My daughter starts college this week and probably wouldn't want to go. My son would love to go but only so he could mis high school for a week. From a selfish standpoint I'd like to take him but I think he would fall to far behind.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a broken axle. The bad part is the tranny had to be disassembled to get the broken piece out.

Thanks again for letting me run your car in the super challenge. :)

For those that didn't know it broke on my daughters second run on Sunday at the Packwood Pro. So she missed her last two runs or I should say last 3 as she never left the line and my son missed all of his Sunday runs as he was running in FP after us.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh, wow! So it was kinda like the axle popped out that they thought it was, but in reality the splined part was just stuck back in there, snapped off? Crazy.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a steel plate inside the diff that separates the tow sides of the axles.

If this plate would have had a hole in it we could have knocked the piece out. Although the tear down helped insure we got all the pieces out.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Geez, sorry to hear that, or maybe not as that is a far cheaper repair. I haven't pulled mine yet but will in the next few weeks. I hope it's not the same deal. The car is still under power, grudgingly, so with the LSD I have to assume it's the diff and not the axle.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the broken axle the car didn't even budge off the line, it did leak fluid though.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Wish I would've seen this sooner but with the late signup fee and not attending a NT this year it would be too costly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts