The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing this pioneer upgrade from the alpine junk unit. Anyone know if you connect the RCA's for the front speakers do you still need to tap into the speaker wires in the factory harness? I also noticed one extra RCA that is not the camera wire that was connected to the alpine. I think that was the alpines nav audio output?

One last thing where did you mount your gps antenna. I can't get to the factory one since its tucked behind the dash.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just doing this pioneer upgrade from the alpine junk unit. Anyone know if you connect the RCA's for the front speakers do you still need to tap into the speaker wires in the factory harness? I also noticed one extra RCA that is not the camera wire that was connected to the alpine. I think that was the alpines nav audio output?

One last thing where did you mount your gps antenna. I can't get to the factory one since its tucked behind the dash.
Front & Rear RCA's are for adding additional power (AMP) and have nothing to do with the speaker wires (speaker wires will need to be connected). On 2010/11 Evora’a staying with the ALPINE Head-Units you can use the same main mini black harness without cutting wires. The mini black harness houses all speaker wires, power and ground and a few others(Plug & Play). When switching to another manufacture you will need to cut or get a Toyota to Pioneer harness to make the job less of a pain. Yes the Lotus uses Toyota and Ford left over parts. If you are only using the on board Head Unit AMP you won’t use the front or rear RCA’s. If you have the Tech Package with rear sub, you must use the RCA’a marked SUB-OUT in order for that sub to work. SAT Antenna What head unit did you have in the car? 505 or W900?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts