The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
disconnecting the US DRL which have the headlights on by default, the mod allows you to turn off the headlights so only the LED's are on ( parking lights only). when the headlights are on it tells the head unit to dim the display as it assumes it is night time, if the light wire is hooked to the head unit wiring which it was on mine stock. if you search it is an easy mod, unplugging a connector under the passenger footwell, and or cutting a single wire in same harness.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
You can also disconnect the "illumination" cable to the radio. I forget the color, but I can look it up. The only drawback is the screen can be bright at night, but can still be manually adjusted dimmer.
I did this on my aftermarket Pioneer setup. The radio was unreadable most of the time during the day. I adjusted the background to be dark and it works fine in the dark, not too bright.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
This may be model specific (I have a '12), but you can put the day/night selector "button" on the nav (map) screen as a shortcut button, so it's very easy to switch between the two modes. There are many shortcut options, and this can significantly - but not totally - reduce the substantial aggravation you have from not being able to use many features of the nav unit while driving.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
This may be model specific (I have a '12), but you can put the day/night selector "button" on the nav (map) screen as a shortcut button, so it's very easy to switch between the two modes. There are many shortcut options, and this can significantly - but not totally - reduce the substantial aggravation you have from not being able to use many features of the nav unit while driving.
this is what you do - the thing is set to night so go in through the settings and reset the nav to day - it is like day and night so to speak and the thing is then a pretty darn good nav system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.