The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NBC Hires Kickass Commentators For Its F1 Coverage

:coolnana: What a relief! Safe to say the focus group data showed how beloved these guys are. :nanner:

I guess Varsha has another year on his contract and Leigh Diffy will be taking his place. No word yet on who will be in the pit lane.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I just saw David Hobbs at the airport today in Austin. Can't believe we was leaving Austin today!! Friggin Speed and their lack of budget. Here's hoping coverage will be better on NBC.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
During one of the F1 commentaries there was mentioned that the SpeedTV F1 team would be at Austin through qualifying. After that it was back to the studio for race coverage.

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
238 Posts
Couldn't agree more

Not a fan of Diffy's voice.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Agreed. Varsha with his team of Hobbs and Matchett are what I think makes the F1 races so much more fun to watch. The newest guy in the pitlane is also pretty decent.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Perhaps when Matchett is off or otherwise unavailable, we could have Calvin Fish fill his spot. I would just love to hear:

"Hello, I'm Leigh Diffey, along with Calvin and Hobbs."

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That's GREAT news Will is coming over. I read somewhere Hobbs really lobbied on his behalf to the producers at NBC to bring him aboard.

Mr. Hobbs... If you reading this forum I thank you very much for your efforts
:bow:

Speed used to re-broadcast all of the races through the winter to opening day but I guess they lost that deal because they are running NASCAR Sprint Cup in it's place. I found a web site where you can by the DVD sets of F1 races from 1970 to present, not cheap, the average it $270. a set or you can purchase them all for about $4500. If anyone wants the addrerss PM me and I'll look it up.

Too smart for NASCAR, too dumb for Opera.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts