The Lotus Cars Community banner
361 - 380 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I can understand where you are coming from, and when the NCI splitter comes out I'm sure you can sell the Jubu if you decide to buy it hahahha.

I will have a NCI splitter, that's for sure.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
I'd rather buy the NCI, but we will have to see what comes of it over the next month or so. :popcorn:

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
If the NCI can compete with the pricing of Jubu I'd be sold. It was a steal at just south of $1400 back when the first run was made if I'm remembering correctly.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
It seems like now that the mold is complete, it would be a pretty simple matter to just hammer out a bunch of marginal quality splitters with it. So much of it is hidden, and they take such a beating, it doesn't seem like a part that most people would care as much about having a perfect finish on. Unless of course people or only buying them to impress people at cars/coffee.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
I sold the molds to a guy in Idaho. The sale was in December of 2013. The guy was going to produce them. I really haven't heard from him after the sale. Thanks all for the kind remarks. This project was very long and difficult. I was very happy with how it turned out. It functions better than i had hoped. I am pretty sure the guy that purchased the molds. Posted in this thread. You would need to scroll back a ways.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yep! I drove to Vancouver the weekend before last to meet up with Kevin and purchase the molds to make the splitters. He was knowledgeable and great to work with.

I've been trying to keep quiet until we hear back from our composites guy on our costs.
I will say one thing, the way Kevin laid these up made the splitters VERY stout, possibly more stout than they need to be; if so, there's a chance we'll be able to bring our costs down, which would result in lower selling prices.
Again, this is something we're still trying to determine.

Once we find out some more information, I will be posting a new thread for a group buy. :cool:

Stay tuned!

- Nick
This post is from more than a year ago, do you have any plans to bring this splitter to market? If so, can you let the folks on this thread know when that might happen?

Thanks,

-Adam

·
Registered
714 Posts
Updates

OK, I'm really hesitant to say anything about this whole deal, but here it goes...

I've been working on trying to get these magnificent splitters back on the market. It has been slow going but the molds are at the manufacturer and should beginning to be laid this month. I won't know until some pieces are complete or there's a delay for some reason. We are all busy right? :shrug:

At the moment this is all the details that I can say. I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too much because we'd all be falling over ourselves trying to get more information, I know I would be. The moral of the story is, save your pennies kids.

Here is a quick FAQ so far:

How much will they be?
I have no clue yet. These aren't the inexpensive ORE splitters... it's the real deal, keep that in mind.

Who is actually making them?
I really don't want to say right now, but it's a reputable company that you know.

Will the be for the Exige as well?
Nope, just for the Elise just like before.

When will they be available?
No clue as of yet, but trust me when the time comes we all will know.

What about shipping to XXXXX?
Refer to the first question.

Can you tell us anything more!!!??
Nope

OMGWTFBBQ!? Can you suck any more at this stuff?
Why yes... yes I can.

It doesn't seem like you don't know much about this.
Nope, I don't and that wasn't a question. -poke-

Will you keep posting in the thread to provide updates?
Nope, I'm not. I don't have my finger on the pulse of this operation. I'm a consumer just like you. In fact, I'll be in the hole for a good long time just so I can help out my fellow LT peeps. You're welcome.

You seem to enjoy saying "Nope" a lot. What gives?

Until We get a grumpy cat emoticon... NOPE will have to suffice.

Will they be CF or Fiberglass like the originals?
Dunno, we'll have to see.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
OK, I'm really hesitant to say anything about this whole deal, but here it goes...

I've been working on trying to get these magnificent splitters back on the market. It has been slow going but the molds are at the manufacturer and should beginning to be laid this month. I won't know until some pieces are complete or there's a delay for some reason. We are all busy right? :shrug:

At the moment this is all the details that I can say. I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too much because we'd all be falling over ourselves trying to get more information, I know I would be. The moral of the story is, save your pennies kids.

Here is a quick FAQ so far:

How much will they be?
I have no clue yet. These aren't the inexpensive ORE splitters... it's the real deal, keep that in mind.

Who is actually making them?
I really don't want to say right now, but it's a reputable company that you know.

Will the be for the Exige as well?
Nope, just for the Elise just like before.

When will they be available?
No clue as of yet, but trust me when the time comes we all will know.

What about shipping to XXXXX?
Refer to the first question.

Can you tell us anything more!!!??
Nope

OMGWTFBBQ!? Can you suck any more at this stuff?
Why yes... yes I can.

It doesn't seem like you don't know much about this.
Nope, I don't and that wasn't a question. -poke-

Will you keep posting in the thread to provide updates?
Nope, I'm not. I don't have my finger on the pulse of this operation. I'm a consumer just like you. In fact, I'll be in the hole for a good long time just so I can help out my fellow LT peeps. You're welcome.

You seem to enjoy saying "Nope" a lot. What gives?

Until We get a grumpy cat emoticon... NOPE will have to suffice.
Have you ever considered a career in the field of stenography? It might not last very long, but it would be extremely entertaining. <giggity>

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Ok... So I have to ask @Almighty; Will they be CF or Fiberglass like the originals?

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts

361 - 380 of 521 Posts