The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
PM'd

Hopefully #10, CF.

The community has waited a long time for an Elise splitter that has all of these functions.
you have been added to the list.so this closes out the initial orders.im totally shocked that this list filled up so fast.i will be adding the pic requests here shortly.thanks guys:clap:

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
I'm sure I'll be in for one as well once these get established.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
bottom side pics

here are some pics as requested earlier.the first few show the stock under tray laying on the splitter bottom.this shows how much more is covered.the pic showing the corner with the sharpie lines are what the part will be trimmed to.im leaving that area for mould flanges.last pic is the bottom side mounted on the car.i really havent taken any better pics showing this.its hard to get with the car on ramps.i plan on putting the car on a lift once i have a splitter installed on my car.that way i can get better pics of the bottom side.
P7160005.JPG

P7160003.JPG

P7160002.JPG

P7140058.JPG

·
Registered
739 Posts
The plan for mine was to match the rest of my Aero bits which are all a Satin/Matte black especially because I car repair and paint myself from the inevitable damage from highway or track debris.
This is exactly what I would like to do as well. Any way you could spray it in satin black for some of us?!

Thanks a lot

R

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
1)raised center for improved airflow under high speed braking.allows air to flow when the nose dives.
Keith--Would you please explain this statement so I can understand better? I thought that the purpose of a splitter is to divert air away from the underside of the car, around and over the front end, to reduce lift / create down force.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Keith--Would you please explain this statement so I can understand better? I thought that the purpose of a splitter is to divert air away from the underside of the car, around and over the front end, to reduce lift / create down force.

Thanks,

Joe
I will attempt to explain because I have seen what he is referring to. In a braking zone such as in this pic my front lip will slam shut and this is with Nitron S/A's set -6 from full stiff and without the opening you will succeed in pinching off the airflow traveling under your car.

The second pic is Normal ride height.

The LCS guys i am sure must have some pics bottoming out their splitters and hopefully someone will chime in with a better explanation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

Thanks,

Joe
the purpose of a splitter is to split the high pressure air and low pressure air.when adding a splitter you are creating a high pressure zone on top of the splitter and a low pressure zone under the splitter.this is what makes down force.having a raised center does not effect this.as long as its flush with the bottom side.this design does that.it blends in to the flat floor.the upper shape of the splitter does also manage the airflow around the front of the car.diverting it away from the wheels.this cuts down on drag and prevents the high pressure air from entering the wheel wheel creating lift.andy(apk919)had a good pic of his car under braking.it showed the front splitter slammed down on the track shutting off air flow to the bottom side of the car.with the raised center.the car will still have airflow to the rear diffuser.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will there be additional attachment points other then the holes already shown on your prototype??? Seems like alot of area up front and it will need something to tie it into the front of the car????

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
yes,there will be more mounting holes on the front clam bottom flange.i havent decided where they will be yet.i will wait tell i have a finished part to see what will work best.then those hole locations will be scribed into the mould.trust me it will be solid.

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I attached my current splitter I used 8mm bolts with fender washers inside the front clam and below the splitter to secure it every 8". The clam is quite thin in the front and this unit will place a good bit of load on it...I am certain keeping it on the car will not be an issue jus wondering if you had anyb plans yet???

41 - 60 of 507 Posts