The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
When I attached my current splitter I used 8mm bolts with fender washers inside the front clam and below the splitter to secure it every 8". The clam is quite thin in the front and this unit will place a good bit of load on it...I am certain keeping it on the car will not be an issue jus wondering if you had anyb plans yet???[/QUOTE

I want to place the holes just back from the front edge of the clam.the flange is pretty strong in that area.I will use a hard point material where the bolts are.they will use countersunk screws.I am prepared to offer support rods if needed.I'm hoping that we won't need them.

Nick,lol.patience my friend.yours will be headed your way soon.:shift:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Just want to add that the raised center section also plays a role in total downforce. The center section encourages the air to go under the car and feeds the flat underbody and diffuser. It also creates a venturi where increased air flow accelerates, increasing air speed and creating more downforce.

This design pretty much has everything an effective splitter should have and more (tire flick).

I expect this to be a very effective splitter. :bow:

·
The Man
118 Posts
I'm interested in this splitter too, but are there any normal angle photos showing how it looks? Something like the car sitting in the parking lot for a photo op?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
this pic is the best i have.i have only had it on the car and sat down to ride height once.now the splitter has mould flanges on it.so i cant mount it to the car.so when i have the moulds done and a part from the moulds i will take some better pics out in the sunlight.
P7140076.JPG

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Do you have any pictures form head on, standing in front of the car?
I need a better idea of the overall look from a short distance.
-Robert

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
here is one looking down at the front end.i dont have any from farther away.with the car in my shop.i dont have room to stand back to get any shots from any distance.
P7140067.JPG

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
im in the middle of moulds now.so im hoping to have the first parts made in about a week and a half.then i need to deliver the splitters on the list.so i think its going to be a month before i can take more orders for these.i will be posting as things progress.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
any updates???????
moulds are almost done.i have been working long days laying these up.so im near the end.i have a few more days on the bottom side mould.then the first test parts will be pulled.then i need to do some joggle strips for the lower removable panel.im sorry that i am not farther along.this project has been very time consuming.plus i have had to do some production work to keep caught up and to make a living.here are a few pics of the moulding process.gel coat,first few plies of glass,prepping the bottom side for moulding.
P8010023.JPG

P8010026.JPG

P8040030.JPG

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
oh yea,i cant wait to see finished parts on my car too.although it will be awhile before i have one of my own.i need to take care of customers first.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
moulds have popped!!!

just a bit of an update.the moulds have been popped.the bottom side is ready for laying parts.i will spend tomorrow prepping the top side mould.then i have to layout some joggles in the bottom.this will be for the removable section.then its time to layup the first set of parts.so i might have some installed pics by xmas.sorry i couldnt get parts delivered by then but the moulds have taken far longer then planned.
P8160012.JPG

P8160011.JPG

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
me too!:nanner:here are a few pics of the first part popped from the mould.
in the bag
P8200002.JPG
popped
P8210007.JPG
the black lines are pattern markings.
P8210012.JPG

61 - 80 of 507 Posts