The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the Starshield on my rockers because they have turned yellow. Anyone know of a place that can do it in the Connecticut or the Westchester area?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ooh good call. I need to do this too. Although, I don't know if they turned yellow or not, but they are really pitted. Scott if you make an appt., let me know and I will meet you there for mine as well.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to see what's up. Hoping for a Saturday or a Wed, but will see.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like they will be comiong to my house this Sat at 2pm to do the job. Thanks for the number BM. If anyone else wants work to be done to give me a shout.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did this work out for you? I need a complete clearbra setup as my car did not come with Starshield.

Thanks.
Very Well.

He came over to my house and removed my yellowing shield on the rockers, then placed new pieces. He did an excellent job. I highly recommend them.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
How did this work out for you? I need a complete clearbra setup as my car did not come with Starshield.

Thanks.
If you want I can sell you full coverage to do the entire front end of your car as I've done on mine. It's only $600 to cover everything from the tires and windshield forward and without seams in the middle of panels you can't even tell you have a bra on the car. I have to point out where mine is even to other Elise owners.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
If you want I can sell you full coverage to do the entire front end of your car as I've done on mine. It's only $600 to cover everything from the tires and windshield forward and without seams in the middle of panels you can't even tell you have a bra on the car. I have to point out where mine is even to other Elise owners.
True. I saw this at LOG and it looked great.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Very Well.

He came over to my house and removed my yellowing shield on the rockers, then placed new pieces. He did an excellent job. I highly recommend them.
Usually the new quality top coated films are very resistant to yellowing. And even on the junk products most of the "yellowing" is usually dirt embedded in the film (non top coated films like Venture get this worse and much faster) rather than UV damage. Often Westleys bleach white will remove it, or plastic polish. Silicone products will yellow the film though, one more good reason not to use tire grease on your Lotus and have flinging off on the film when you drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts