The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in Northeast or Central Florida and have an interest in a Club 111 event (drive, get together) in April or May of '05, please let me know in this thread. I'd like to get an idea of the numbers of members and non-member owners in the area that would be interested in Elise-related events in the Spring and in the future in general. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea about having people from S. Florida also 008. Is there anything else to do in Sebring? I've just been there for the 12 hour.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Not a lot, but there are a few decent restaraunts. What kind of activity were you thinking?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
There are a few places for eating and drinking, I'm not sure about the karting. A little further north in Ocala they have karting. It's the home to the annual 24hr event. What hell that must be!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xxxotic said:
Why dont we meet at the Mount Dora car show in April?
xxxotic,

I could'nt find anything on the show on Google- any links?

Jim

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
there's also the Ferrari show at the Breakers in January.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting married on 4/16, so it would be really swell of you guys to agree to meet on any other weekend.:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'd love to go. My brother is getting married on May 28th. So, please make it some other weekend. :D

And, it might even be possible for me to have my car by then, but only for the truly optimistic.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Darn, they killed the car show in Mount Dora- those bastards!!

Mount dora car show

The Lotus LTD Club is having a trip to Key West tommorrow, I can check with them and see if they have any other events planned for April or May. I cant make it to Key West since coincidentially I have to go to the Breakers tomorrow night for a party but when I'm there I can get details about the dates of the Ferrari show.

I think that having a meeting around Melbourne or Orlando might be better since it is centrally located between Miami and Jacksonville, and I think its also directly across from the west coast of Florida too.

JD, we should all just crash your wedding and instead of using limos, the entire bridal party could arrive in Elises :clap: :clap: :clap: .

My friends limo never showed for her wedding and she was forced to drive to the wedding in her Fiero in her wedding dress, so nothing is impossible.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Daytona Beach has the racetrack and they have a tour that you can take and also play some type of video racing simulator games. There is also a go kart track in Port Orange that is about 5 miles south of there, but its mainly used by little kids, and their is a classic car musuem about two miles away from the racetrack that is across from the flea market in case you want to drop off your wifes and girlfriends so they can go shopping.

Is Lotus sponsering any race teams there this year for speedweek during the Daytona 500 or the Rolex 24 hours in January or February?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trifecta99 said:
Congratulations JD

So the Mt Dora show isn't your/her idea of a honeymoon? ;)
Thanks trifecta.

xxxotic,

I wonder what other shows "have better demographics" around that time as the notice says. Maybe we should just play it by ear and see what events come up in the coming weeks? I'm all for Daytona, but it sure would be nice to meet where we can get some track time in some form:)

Jim

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Apparently there is a Lotus car show in Abacoa, FL near Jupiter coming up soon. I'm trying to get more info on it...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
_JD_ said:
Apparently there is a Lotus car show in Abacoa, FL near Jupiter coming up soon. I'm trying to get more info on it...
Thats where the person who is in charge of Lotus LTD for this area lives. I have his email address on my computer at work. I'll see if he knows anything about it. I'm only about 10 minutes away from there.

I remember a foreign car show at Carlin Park in Jupiter a few years ago. Maybe it is the same thing but they might have moved it. Did you hear that it was Lotus only?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts