The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

NE Florida Club 111 meet in Spring

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  xxxotic 
#1 ·
If you live in Northeast or Central Florida and have an interest in a Club 111 event (drive, get together) in April or May of '05, please let me know in this thread. I'd like to get an idea of the numbers of members and non-member owners in the area that would be interested in Elise-related events in the Spring and in the future in general. Thanks.

#6 ·
There are a few places for eating and drinking, I'm not sure about the karting. A little further north in Ocala they have karting. It's the home to the annual 24hr event. What hell that must be!

#14 ·
I'd love to go. My brother is getting married on May 28th. So, please make it some other weekend. :D

And, it might even be possible for me to have my car by then, but only for the truly optimistic.

#16 ·
Darn, they killed the car show in Mount Dora- those bastards!!

Mount dora car show

The Lotus LTD Club is having a trip to Key West tommorrow, I can check with them and see if they have any other events planned for April or May. I cant make it to Key West since coincidentially I have to go to the Breakers tomorrow night for a party but when I'm there I can get details about the dates of the Ferrari show.

I think that having a meeting around Melbourne or Orlando might be better since it is centrally located between Miami and Jacksonville, and I think its also directly across from the west coast of Florida too.

JD, we should all just crash your wedding and instead of using limos, the entire bridal party could arrive in Elises :clap: :clap: :clap: .

My friends limo never showed for her wedding and she was forced to drive to the wedding in her Fiero in her wedding dress, so nothing is impossible.

#17 ·
Daytona Beach has the racetrack and they have a tour that you can take and also play some type of video racing simulator games. There is also a go kart track in Port Orange that is about 5 miles south of there, but its mainly used by little kids, and their is a classic car musuem about two miles away from the racetrack that is across from the flea market in case you want to drop off your wifes and girlfriends so they can go shopping.

Is Lotus sponsering any race teams there this year for speedweek during the Daytona 500 or the Rolex 24 hours in January or February?

#18 ·
trifecta99 said:
Congratulations JD

So the Mt Dora show isn't your/her idea of a honeymoon? ;)
Thanks trifecta.

xxxotic,

I wonder what other shows "have better demographics" around that time as the notice says. Maybe we should just play it by ear and see what events come up in the coming weeks? I'm all for Daytona, but it sure would be nice to meet where we can get some track time in some form:)

Jim

#20 ·
_JD_ said:
Apparently there is a Lotus car show in Abacoa, FL near Jupiter coming up soon. I'm trying to get more info on it...
Thats where the person who is in charge of Lotus LTD for this area lives. I have his email address on my computer at work. I'll see if he knows anything about it. I'm only about 10 minutes away from there.

I remember a foreign car show at Carlin Park in Jupiter a few years ago. Maybe it is the same thing but they might have moved it. Did you hear that it was Lotus only?

#23 · (Edited)
rob said:
You guys should get together to go to this:

http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

I'd even drive down from DC assuming my Elise comes. I have friends in Fernandina Beach I'd like to see.
The Amelia Concours is a great idea. It's a very well run event and the drive up north on A1A is nice as well.

ed- "Remember to mark your calendars for March 11-13, 2005! We will be featuring an incredible selection of cars from Italian manufacturer Alfa Romeo along with celebrating 50 years of the innovative Chevrolet small block V-8 engine. We have, of course, chosen another racing great as our honoree – Mr. Bobby Allison. Among his many achievements, Mr. Allison is a three-time winner of NASCAR’s crown jewel - the Daytona 500, and he was the 1983 Winston Cup Champion."

#25 · (Edited)
Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance is a great event, especially considering how young it is compared to the other biggies. I've been to 4 out of the last 5. My wife and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a weekend on our 15th anniversary. It was great, but I always feel a little uncomfortable in such luxury hotel, like I don't really belong. I don't like formality and would rather stay at a more casual place even though it isn't as "nice". I'm also not fond of not being able to walk out an get my own car.

Mt. Dora is an offbeat little town with quite a bit of history. It doesn't even feel like you're in Florida. Just a short drive from Orlando and a world apart. I went on a drive to Mt. Dora with the Miata Club when I had one of them.

Not that I would be attending your get-together. I'm just a chataholic with some of the same interests.

#26 ·
On the first Saturday of every month, Abacoa has a car show. Their is one scheduled for Jan8th since the 1st is a holiday.

It is mainly old cars and muscle cars, but a bunch of people that belong to Lotus ltd and another lotus club in South Florida are meeting to go there. I got an email from the person in charge of the local area Lotus Ltd, but it refers me to a yahoo chat link that has all of the info, but I am having trouble setting up a yahoo account to get all of the details. Once I am able to log in I will post. They have about 80 or 90 members in the So Florida group, dont know how many will be bring their cars.

Palm Beach is having a car show too, but it is not Lotus related. Guess you have to have a Maybach and bring your Grey Poupon in order to fit in with that crowd. They gave me front row parking when I was at the Breakers for a party the other day. I asked if I could self park instead of letting the valet do it, They even put a little rope going around my car to keep on-lookers away. But Matt Lauer, Byant Gumbel, Ben Affleck and some other celebs were at a party in the room next to us so maybe they thought I was famous:cool:

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/s...ions/auto_showcase/AS_121604_PB_Concours.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.