The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to work at a place with metal biz cards but they stopped doing them because they'd cut your clothes up or slice fingers, switched to plastic now.

but i got one of these from kevin the other day, hadn't seen it before. Its not his original design but neat regardless. (stock photo)

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I wonder what a pro locksmith could do with that card?
Uhm. Pick a lock? lol
Look up Bumpkeying on youtube to see how even pretty non pro people can "pick" most locks pretty easily by floating all the pins in the tumbler.

Pretty cool card though. I've seen a website before that was all cool business cards and I believe that one was on it.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I wonder what a pro locksmith could do with that card?
Lock picks like the bottom two are pretty easy to use with a little instruction and practice. I traded a couple of old brass locks to a guy for some picks like those and a bit of instruction. It took me few a days to get the "feel" for it. After that, I could open a MasterLock padlock about as quickly as I could if I had a key. Some types of locks were easier. Others were more difficult or beyond my skill. That was 30 years ago. I have no idea where those picks are now of if I still have the touch.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I have a really nice (and extensive) set of lock picks that were given to me as a gift. I learned to use a cheap set messing around when I was a kid, but I don't think I could do anything with them now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Before you decide to carry lockpicks on your person, even in business card format, I would suggest looking up the applicable laws in your state. Most of them deal with 'intent' which is obviously the gray area of the law, but not all.

Legality of lock picks, possessing burglary tools, lock picks legality

In D.C. it is a straight-felony to possess them. I give this 'business card' a thumbs-down.

·
Premium Member
11,718 Posts
1. Mitnick is the modern almost equivalent of George Metesky.

2. If I had to choose a hero, wouldn't I be better off with Shimomura?

3. The telephone coin trick is absolutely hystericalrotfl

4. He wiretapped the FBI!:bow:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DC - District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) District of Columbia Official Code - Section 22-2501 - Possession of implements of crime; penalty. No person shall have in his or her possession in the District any instrument, tool, or implement for picking locks or pockets, with the intent to use such instrument, tool, or implement to commit a crime.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But can lock picks be used to clean the streets ?

Its all nonsense anyway, if the cops want to get you for something, they'll just wait long enough, like that one says in the don't talk to cops video, if he wants to pull a car over he just follows it for 15 minutes, they'll do something wrong eventually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts