The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Yep awesome aftermarket targa top. Don't make them anymore, seen a couple sell on here but nice option especially for the taller people

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
This is a HRM dealer installed aftermarket option - makes get in and out a bit more graceful for us aging types and especially for our guests. Works great

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
"gullwing top" I think once sold by HRM

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sweet - That would go good with Lambo Doors.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
sweet, as long as you don't mind water leaks...

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
sweet, as long as you don't mind water leaks...
Oh come on. We're talking Lotus here. That roof won't leak any worse than the stock roof does.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Oh come on. We're talking Lotus here. That roof won't leak any worse than the stock roof does.
I don't mind that my left sleeve / leg (and sometimes my feet due to the leak in the foot well area) get wet when driving in the rain. That just comes standard when driving a Lotus :tadts:
I just don't like my whole front side to be drenched cause I'm not that masochistic -poke- :D

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
offtopic.gif Now, lets turn this thread into a discussion about how and where this guy is parked ...
I mean I could swear that I saw a handicapped sign in that picture argue.gif

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I think every AARP carrying member like me should get one to be able to get in and out of the car lol

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Word from back in the day was that they didn't really make it any easier to get in and out due to how far the rear header extended forward into the space that you'd want to be open. However, there are a couple satisfied owners on here - so who knows.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Mine came with a roll cage from the factory... so it would do me no good in egress/ingress... this mod would only subtract lightness on my car.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
That looks like crap!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
There was a member on the site that was unable to get in and out of his Elise due to medical problems. We helped find him one of these Gullwing tops and it enabled him to use his car again. His fear was when parking the car having to leave it open with no top feeling unsecured. I'll tell you what, with the continuing loss of motion in my legs and hips I really don't think I could get in and out of mine with a hard top on anymore. I have to go topless or unbuckle and fold back the soft top to get in and out. Regardless, I was glad to find the one unit and send word his way!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts