The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Exige for a few years now and have been thinking that I need a bit of comfort in my life, so I've been tossing around the idea of an Evora S, I am sure there have been a few of you in this forum who have came from an Exige to an Evora, have you had any regrets in doing so?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I went from Elise to Evora, and I must say, I wish I had the opportunity to keep the Elise, and buy the Evora as an additional car. I love both cars to death, but they really are two different cars. I bought the Evora for the hot summers, but it would have been nice to have the convertible for the winters. Unfortunately, I didn't have the garage space.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ditto....moved from an elise to the evora. Wish there had been a way for me to keep both, but at the time it wasn't feasible. I will get another elise. That being said, the evora is a good time :) just different cars

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Both excellent. I've owned, 2005 Elise, 2010 Evora NA and now have 2011 S. For DD duties, Evora is vastly superior. For Track duty, both incredible cars, but I have to say stock for stock, Evora wins out of the box! It takes a heavily modded Elige to take me a t a track (say A005 tires etc). Car is seriously fast at the track!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I had this exact situation. No doubt the Evora is way more liveable on a day to day basis for all the known reasons, plus it's as good on a track. BUT from an investment perspective, that Exige is already climbing in price and will be worth WAY more in the near future. If you can swing it, store the Exige and get the Evora. I regret swapping my Elise, biggest mistake I made in the last few years.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Don't do it.

Get the top off and it will be more comfortable getting in an out...

:D

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
The key is that you "need a bit of comfort in your life". Evora will provide that for sure. Still Lotusy but smooth and quiet and way way plush by comparison. Hard to believe they were built in the same place.

But how much would you miss the raw experience of the Elige? Our Elise became pure track, so we can have the best of both worlds. Just not at once.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
You should seriously think twice before changing to an Evora.

Health wise:

Evora S - It is comfortable car. Easy in an out and with the flick of the finger you can shift gears. It is as if you are sitting on the couch, watching TV and changing channels...

Exige - Now that is a real car. It will keep you fit to the bone.

The getting in and out motion is like doing 50 squats.

Changing gears requires movement of arms and legs. Very beneficial for blood circulation.

The acceleration and cornering excitement makes your heartbeat faster which automatically replicates cardio exercise.

Cabin noise or engine noise actually helps you block all unwanted external noise pollution which has a calming effect and neurologically keeps you young.

The stiff suspension on the Exige allows you to feel all the bumps and the unevenness of the road, which many think is uncomfortable, but in reality is very therapeutic…….people pay tons of money to get massages and you get it for free.

Life is about happiness and you always smile after a day with an Exige

Conclusion - Selling the Exige can be a major health hazard.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
I didn’t have the Exige but I did own an Elise. I love my Elise but not enough to buy it brand new or to keep it. When I test drove the Evora, I love her much more. I had to get her loaded with the S and still virgin. Also, I wanted to enjoy the sport car with my kids and I can do that with the Evora S.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
After coming from a Porsche the Evora is raw. The wife and I compromised as I wanted an Exige. I am glad I did. I feel we can spend 8 hours in it on a road trip and stay married. At 50 most of my younger friends hate getting in and out of the Evora. Not sure how they would have dealt with the Exige. My grand kids are happy that I finally have a car they can ride in as well. Neither the Z nor the Porsche had back seats so they only did around the block trips with Papa. Sometimes as you get older certain things don't matter as much as they did when you were younger. There is no harm in being comfortable. Don't ever let an ego dictate what you do in life.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have both (Elise to Exige 260, Evora NA to Evora S).
I love 'em all. I am putting in a harness bar in the Evora this weekend so I do intend to take it to the track but its a bit too big for AutoX. Exige excels there and is good for the track. Torque in the Evora is a blast and a bit more effortless. Noise is a no-brainer, Evora wins hands down. A/C is much better too. Its more comfy, easier to get in and out of. When I first got the NA, I thought I compromised too much from the Exige. It didn't feel tossable enough. It isn't, but its not heavy by today's standards. The steering is great on both cars, brakes are fantastic too. A bit more usable from a storage perspective as you have both the trunk and the, er, back seat. We have occasionally even used the back seat in a pinch.

So all in all, if you can't keep both, I'd say ditch the Elise and get an Evora. If you can, get the S. Its quite the kick in the pants. With the NA, you have to have the Sport button pressed to get any kind of acceleration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts