The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are releasing our new Dashware and need a few people to test it on their machines. We have done testing on our machines, but there are not that many variations here.

What I need from you is this:

1. Commit to trying it within 5 days of getting it. It is simple and you can easily merge your data and video and output a file. You can learn this and be proficient in less than 30 minutes.

2. Have video and matching data. Data can be almost from any source. Video can also be from any source. We would prefer some different sources of data to test. Data if not from a known source, must be CSV.

3. Be using a PC.

4. You will need to tell us-
A) Format of the source video
B) Data source? DL-1? Traqmate? Racepak? EFI? What?
C) Computer type and O/S. Is it Win2K, NT, Vista, 7 ? How much ram?

The more willing you are to play around, create and modify custom gauges for your video overlay.. the better.

We are very close to releasing this for public use and purchase, but more testing is always good. Feel free to reply or pm me.

Note, I only need a few. We already have some our company sponsored drivers doing this (Randy Pobst, World Challenge GT champion, Roger Normam , winner of this years Baja 1000, etc).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'll volunteer!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'm in.

I've got a DL1 and have 'strange' video (.mov files that are 848 x 480 pixels).

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Data
DL1 10Hz with mp4 video (30 fps h.263 640x480)
DL1 10Hz with avi video (NTSC)
DL1 10Hz with DIVX

Machines
PC Win XP
OSX/Parallels/WinXP

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Got tons of track video to test on and Ive been pestering you about the Dashware anyways.. :)

I have A chasecam and Traqmate with RPM, Throttle and brake inputs hooked up.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent response. We may have enough at this point.... but if you have some compelling data as to why your test situation is unique, feel free to reply or send me a pm. It would be helpful to let me know what your data, video, and computer situation is.

We already have one mac using parallels, but one more will not hurt, so I will be getting in touch with you apk919.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chili Red, can you at this point do me a favor and email me at [email protected] a data file from the Traqmate? I need something with continuous lap data off a track, specially with those data inputs. I think you can output a trackvision file? And also a CSV file? Not sure if I recall correctly. But send me whatever you can all zipped up. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
We already have one mac using parallels, but one more will not hurt, so I will be getting in touch with you apk919.
Cool! I have GPS data and aero data that would be cool to overlay... plus... I've just been trying out a new toy that can generate CSV data.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Chili Red, can you at this point do me a favor and email me at [email protected] a data file from the Traqmate? I need something with continuous lap data off a track, specially with those data inputs. I think you can output a trackvision file? And also a CSV file? Not sure if I recall correctly. But send me whatever you can all zipped up. Thanks.
Check your e-mail Randy, I sent over a file for you.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sending out emails to beta testers today.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sweet! I'm heading to the track tomorrow, will have some new video and data.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it's not too late, and the timing works for you, I'm off to SCCA school and my first regional race the weekend of March 8th in a spec racer ford (rental). I *may* have a DL1 on board, no camera yet... but perhaps you would loan me one? :). Portland International.

Dying to get data and video lined up for this... so let me know if there is anything I can help you with in that regard.

Cheers,
LP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts