The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know any good financing and/or leasing companies? I know there's Capital One... any other ones you guys could recommend?

Any help would be grateful.
Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
There is a thread you'll find if you search for "finance" or "financing". In addition to C1, there is NetBank. I wen't with them @ 4.04% for 5yr. You might be able to do better with a credit union if you qualify.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I am kinda looking for a smaller more personable company, where I will be dealing with a person... call me crazy. I am also thinking about leasing the car, since I am self employed...

Neil

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Here are some rates I compiled about a month ago. I think credit unions are usually the best, then places like E-loan or Cap One, then regular banks.

Merriwest Loan rates:
New Auto
(Current or previous model year with less than 10,000 miles ) 0 - 36 Months 2.99% *1
37 - 60 Months 3.49% *1
61 - 84 Months *2 3.99% *1

E-loan
36 mo or less 37-60 mo 61-72 mo
New Vehicle 3.65% 4.39% 5.09%
Used Vehicle (Dealer) 4.29% 4.79% 5.65%
Used Vehicle (Non-dealer) 5.95% 6.15% 6.95%
Refinance 4.99% 5.49% 6.29%
Lease Buyout 5.29% 5.79% 6.39%

Wells Fargo:
Terms Excellent Good Average Fair
24 - 36 months 3.65% 4.29% 5.55% 6.89%
42 - 60 months 4.39% 4.95% 6.45% 7.99%
66 - 72 months 5.09% 5.89% 7.35% 9.29%
As for leasing, I don't think there are any good programs out there, as the two I've found (Premier Financial and Putnam) are open ended leases. Here's a link to lease quotes:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7238

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Allan
I've been in discussions with Premier Financial for about a week now, everything was going smooth until they wanted more money down on the lease... I backed off when they tried that, and said, it's too bad this is not going to go throw for a matter of $3k, it is a $50k car...

Neil

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Neil,

I used Amazon Leasing to lease my '82 308 GTSi a while back. They were pretty easy going, but undoubtedly they were probably charging me a higher interest rate too. But overall, they were pretty pleasant to work with. They're in Calabassas and their website is: Amazon Leasing's link

Also, if you're going to finance, try calling Financial Partners Credit Union. They have a couple of offices in Irvine and one in Downey. They have been pretty good about loaning me money on vehicles and their rates are pretty good too. Their website is: Financial Partners Credit Union

Bob

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rtking said:
Hi Neil,

I used Amazon Leasing to lease my '82 308 GTSi a while back. They were pretty easy going, but undoubtedly they were probably charging me a higher interest rate too. But overall, they were pretty pleasant to work with. They're in Calabassas and their website is: Amazon Leasing's link

Also, if you're going to finance, try calling Financial Partners Credit Union. They have a couple of offices in Irvine and one in Downey. They have been pretty good about loaning me money on vehicles and their rates are pretty good too. Their website is: Financial Partners Credit Union

Bob
Thanks Bob... BTW, how are you?

Neil

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts