The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was hoping to purchase a throttle position sensor and was hoping there was another car that matches the exact same part.
Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
597 Posts
Throttle body, not throttle position sensor.

Typically you will be able to find a Toyota or OEM part number on an assembly like that which you can then google to confirm fitment to specific Toyota models. But it has to be said that it would be somewhat unusual for the throttle body to have failed, particularly with a low-mileage car like yours. (Looking at your previous posts here.)

Are you trying to fix your perceived limp mode symptoms, which you've mentioned here previously? Is this the same problem you identified as a crank position sensor issue a few months ago?

No offense, but you seem to be struggling to get your new-to-you low-miles 2013 S on its feet. Perhaps if you describe the problems you're having, and the associated codes the ECU is giving, somebody here can give you some pointers based on specific experience. That might be more fruitful than throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle body, not throttle position sensor.

Typically you will be able to find a Toyota or OEM part number on an assembly like that which you can then google to confirm fitment to specific Toyota models. But it has to be said that it would be somewhat unusual for the throttle body to have failed, particularly with a low-mileage car like yours. (Looking at your previous posts here.)

Are you trying to fix your perceived limp mode symptoms, which you've mentioned here previously? Is this the same problem you identified as a crank position sensor issue a few months ago?

No offense, but you seem to be struggling to get your new-to-you low-miles 2013 S on its feet. Perhaps if you describe the problems you're having, and the associated codes the ECU is giving, somebody here can give you some pointers based on specific experience. That might be more fruitful than throwing parts at it.
I have been having the same issues for a very long time. I think after running an OBD II scan I got a bunch of errors pertaining to the TPS sensor being faulty. Something else I noticed was the coolant temperature circuit range /performance problem error. I did add some redline water wetter about the time this stuff starting happening and I'm wondering if that could be causing all of this because the coolant temperature is too low?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like your wiring harness is FUBAR'd
What's this mean? what do I have to do to confirm this?
The car still runs pretty good it just has a delay on acceleration and shifts weird sometimes.
might be lacking power too but hard to tell unless I drive in another evora S.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like wiggling the map connector did the trick. I guess I could have a harness issue but has anyone tried to install a capacitor to get a steady voltage for the ECU? Seems like it would be an easy fix and help for voltage stability.
PS all my error codes are gone now.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
What's this mean? what do I have to do to confirm this?
The car still runs pretty good it just has a delay on acceleration and shifts weird sometimes.
might be lacking power too but hard to tell unless I drive in another evora S.
"F'd Up Beyond All Recognition/Repair"

There's a relatively common issue with Evora wiring harnesses being replaced, but, as an Elise owner, I've only seen the conversations in passing through here. Do a google search and see if the symptoms fit though.

·
Registered
824 Posts
looks like wiggling the map connector did the trick. I guess I could have a harness issue but has anyone tried to install a capacitor to get a steady voltage for the ECU? Seems like it would be an easy fix and help for voltage stability.
PS all my error codes are gone now.
There is a "recommended" fix to zip tie the MAF sensor securely to the port to keep it from moving around. Not sure if that's part of your issue (I assume you mean the MAF, as I don't think we have a MAP?)

A capacitor is definitely not the answer for a sensor, as changing voltage is the whole function of those sensors. You do not want voltage stability.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
A capacitor is definitely not the answer for a sensor, as changing voltage is the whole function of those sensors. You do not want voltage stability.
Echoing this statement, the ECU has both physical and digital filters to handle the signal processing.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Stabilant 22 works great on the MAF and TPS connectors. Along with the high-tech zip tie fix, that may resolve the issue enough to avoid having to get a new wiring harness.

I find that it dries out pretty quickly though, so I reapply monthly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone for your help, I will try the Stabilant 22 with the high tech zip tie on both the MAF and TPS connector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although I have not used it, its been recommended by some to use Stabilant 22 on the plug for better connections. And, as esseye stated, a zip tie may be the fix. In fact, the zip tie is now listed in the parts section for the 400's...
Do you by change have the schematics for all the ground points on the Evora S. I've been reading a lot of problems with lose ground wires. Thank you to all who have helped!
:grin2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stabilant 22 works great on the MAF and TPS connectors. Along with the high-tech zip tie fix, that may resolve the issue enough to avoid having to get a new wiring harness.

I find that it dries out pretty quickly though, so I reapply monthly.
Thank you again =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts