The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
I am not ready yet but living in Duluth, MN, makes me want another toy so I am seriously thinking of selling my 07 Elise.

Toy's I am considering instead of the Elise is a boat, or an airplane (Cirrus), or another motorcycle, or maybe a different car :panic:

Anyway, if i do this I will sell my car as is and then go shopping without a trade.

If I do this, what should I ask for the Elise:shrug: (seems like everyone wants to get one for $20K rotfl)

2007 Elise, see list below sig for details. Blue with somewhere around 5K miles on it. Perfect without a scratch!

If I keep it I will get a SC kit this summer to "spice" it up.

:shift:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
After spending the last 2 weeks looking at the full range of Lotus options and years, I think the 36K is a good asking price. This is assuming the car is clean and no visible blemishes.

I would recommend making it as stock as you can. You can throw in the extras as a bonus, but for me, when I see things like "racing harness", I think that maybe the car has been run really hard.

The local TX dealer offers a 4 hour inspection ($400). I am having a car inspected today. This is great piece of mind for any potential buyer. It is pretty unlikely that there will be any issues, and it does not guarantee anything, but it should go a long way to helping you sell your car. I am paying for this out of my pocket, but if someone offered this as part of the sale, I would have been very impressed and much more likely to purchase.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
moved to allow discussion

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you really want a plane...

Check out the Adam A500... the A700 is in the background and is a jet. The A500 was featured in the 2006 Miami Vice movie, and is an awesome plane, if you can find one...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Check out the Adam A500... the A700 is in the background and is a jet. The A500 was featured in the 2006 Miami Vice movie, and is an awesome plane, if you can find one...
Awesome if you consider that the plane cannot be flown by even one standard-weight pilot with a full fuel load... :rolleyes: Plus, they've been out of business for over a year and have refused to provide parts support for the existing five flying aircraft. :confused:

I'd say the Cirrus is probably a better choice. :shrug: Exciting aircraft and a unique safety system in every aircraft -- CAPS.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What about the kit built executive helicopters that have been discussed here numerous times. They seem more "practical" than an airplane;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
As a lover of planes (Hoping for a pilot's course this summer) I'd say that's the greatest option. I don't think a plane could ever bore anyone. Dunno how you'd get a plane for the price of an Elise though...or maybe I interpreted your post the wrong way.

Then again, if you have around $25M just wandering around, the 118 WallyPower (Or something) is great. ;)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i know i'd be tempted...

...you're in prime inland lakes scow territory... :drool:

...an elise is the only thing on land which comes close...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I get another plane it will be a Cirrus, the plant is 5 minutes from my house :shrug:

At the moment I am thinking Porsche or Rossion. Porsche would be a little more practical up here, but probably not as much fun as the Lotus.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Is it really possible to get a Cirrus for the price of a Lotus? Or were you planning to spend more? I was on their website and some planes go for in excess of 200k. :shrug:

I'd shoot for the Rossion, I've heard great things about it, and it looks a hell of a lot nicer than any Porsche.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish but no, not posible. $200K is probably a realistic number.

Is it really possible to get a Cirrus for the price of a Lotus? Or were you planning to spend more? I was on their website and some planes go for in excess of 200k. :shrug:

I'd shoot for the Rossion, I've heard great things about it, and it looks a hell of a lot nicer than any Porsche.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it is more the fact that I dont us this "toy" than money. I already have to much stuff sitting around I dont use. I would love a boat up here, tons of lakes to make good use of it.

Plane is a long shot, I really dont think I would use this much either since I can't afford the version with de-icing for flying in known ice. (That would have been really nice)

Realisticly I probably keep the Elise, It is alot of fun the few times I drive it and I hardly have any miles on it. Maybe just add one another bay to my garage.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Just go out and try soaring lessons.

Generally good people. Kind of like powered flight, kind of like sailing. You can pick up a decent sailplane for Lotus Money.

My list of want to have toys: sailing dingy, sailplane, sport touring motorcycle (Moto Guzzi)

·
Registered
965 Posts
A Motorcycle would be cool too.
But if you'd love to have a boat then get a boat mate. It's way more affordable than a plane, and I can only take a shot in the dark and guess boat maintenance isn't as much as Lotus maintenance. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.