The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Elise with the stock Blaupunkt speakers. My grill popped out and I tried everything to get it back in place. Finally found out the the problem was the plastic ring had melted out of shape in the heat. But not until after bending the grill so bad out of shape that I need a new one. Anyway if anyone has taken out their front speakers and does not need the ring and grill I could sure use it.

Anyway if anyone has one please send me a PM.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have an 05 Elise with the stock Blaupunkt speakers. My grill popped out and I tried everything to get it back in place. Finally found out the the problem was the plastic ring had melted out of shape in the heat. But not until after bending the grill so bad out of shape that I need a new one. Anyway if anyone has taken out their front speakers and does not need the ring and grill I could sure use it.

Anyway if anyone has one please send me a PM.

Thanks!!!
You can have mine if I can still find it after I moved... PM sent.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck but it is the front I need......anyone.......anyone.....buller?????

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I've got mine in the garage somewhere. You can have 'em if I can find 'em. Let me look tonight and I'll get back to you.

xtn

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i iwll look too - i might have thrown them out... but if i find them... you gotta take them all!!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Even if you get another grill my guess is that one will pop off too. That's what mine did at least. I ended up throwing out the stock speakers and installing a new set sans grills. Have you thought about leaving the speakers naked or you like the grill look?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if you get another grill my guess is that one will pop off too. That's what mine did at least. I ended up throwing out the stock speakers and installing a new set sans grills. Have you thought about leaving the speakers naked or you like the grill look?
BUMP....

I am still in need of a speaker grill if anyone has one........

I have thought about taking the grill off but I really don't like the look of an exposed speaker. I am trying to stick with a "Stock" look.....I know that is like a bad word around here but I like the way the car was made in the first place.

If anyone has removed or swapped speakers and has a front grill left over PLEASE PM me.....I will pay BIG $$$$ (OK well maybe big Pesos....)rotfl

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I've dug around my garage and can't find mine. Sorry.

xtn

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Hey! You got lucky!

Logged on, saw your plea...and, lo and behold, I wandered out to the garage and found not one, but both of my old ones! My speaker trims melted back in '05-I now have the ones that look like a silver metal rotary phone dial...at least they won't melt.

PM me your address and I'll pop them in a padded mailer tomorrow.

Tom

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just put the 07 Alpine ones in my car...

So I have the old ones.

When I was using them, my black parts melted too, so I took that black door trim stuff and slipped it on the edges of the metal grill to make it look somewhat finished and just laid them in the hole over the speakers. Looked nice actually...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I need one too if someone has a 2nd.:(

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Did you try going to the dealer to see what they would say?

I went there and they just replaced the assembly free of charge. My car was still under warranty at the time but it can't hurt to give them a call.

·
Registered
856 Posts

I went there and they just replaced the assembly free of charge. My car was still under warranty at the time but it can't hurt to give them a call.
When I did that, they replaced the speakers and gave me these fugly arse silver grills made of plastic... FUGLY.

I kept the old grills and put them back on.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Is there a replacement aftermarket front dash speaker that is the best choice? I had the Alpine SPS-100A, but they are now discontinued. They looked and worked great for me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hey, Better yet!!!!

I have 2 sets of Alpine fronts (from the newer cars).

Grills and speakers... and yes, they sound (and look) better than the Blaupunkt speakers.

I dunno where to start on price, $40 per set sound fair?

I do know they are a direct replacement, plugs, holes, everything. Should take you no more than 5 minutes and a phillips head screwdriver to do the swap.

Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
anybody recommend speakers for an 08 Elise

I'm sorry but the stock Alpines are 1980's style
rubbish....

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm sorry but the stock Alpines are 1980's style
rubbish....
What does that make the Blaupunkt ones then :crazyeyes

Man, no kidding, the magnet on the Alpine ones is about 3X the size as the Blaupunkt ones. I think the pink kids Barbie Powerwheels cars have better speakers than the stock Blaupunkt speakers.

You should look for those rings that guy sells and put larger ones in the front (same size as the rears) if you want to upgrade. People are doing tons of different things, JL, Polk, etc. There is a thread all about it somewhere on here (same one as the rings for the front).

Dave

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Just stopped by today and Newport European gave me a pair under warranty.....my warranty expires tomorrow. I thought a bunch of people here would have grills left over from upgrades but that was not the case. Anyway thanks for the replies but I have a set now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts