The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this at yahoo but want it here too. I have been talking with the owner of an '83 Esprit who's selling his car in CO. I'm interested enough at this point to see and drive it but I'm in PA. So, if there is someone in the Denver area who'd be willing to check the car out, I'd really appreciate it. The car (according to mapquest) is about twenty-five miles south of downtown Denver. The owner is fine about having someone come out and drive it. Thanks-Ken

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Travis (Vulcan Grey) would be my go to guy on this.

If he cant, I can look at it for you but I am no Esprit expert.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in Castle Rock, so it's right in my neighborhood. I'd be happy to go take a look at it, but I'm not a mechanic.

I can take some pictures, drive it, check the oil, visually look at the belts, hoses, brakes, tires, etc.

Although, if it's really nice I might have to buy it... j/k no more room :(

If you wanted to pay for a full PPI, I would recommend Mitchell Motors, they have done all the service on my Lotus and have a lot of knowledge on these cars.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Travis (Vulcan Grey) would be my go to guy on this.

If he cant, I can look at it for you but I am no Esprit expert.
+1 on Travis, I'll forward him this now. If he can make the time he's your guy.

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Castle Rock, so it's right in my neighborhood. I'd be happy to go take a look at it, but I'm not a mechanic.

I can take some pictures, drive it, check the oil, visually look at the belts, hoses, brakes, tires, etc.

Although, if it's really nice I might have to buy it... j/k no more room :(

If you wanted to pay for a full PPI, I would recommend Mitchell Motors, they have done all the service on my Lotus and have a lot of knowledge on these cars.
PM'd you Wed AM. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I posted this at yahoo but want it here too. I have been talking with the owner of an '83 Esprit who's selling his car in CO. I'm interested enough at this point to see and drive it but I'm in PA. So, if there is someone in the Denver area who'd be willing to check the car out, I'd really appreciate it. The car (according to mapquest) is about twenty-five miles south of downtown Denver. The owner is fine about having someone come out and drive it. Thanks-Ken
Metz?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A sincere thanks to all who have responded w/suggestions, offers and useful information. The support here is remarkable.

·
3,201 Posts
A sincere thanks to all who have responded w/suggestions, offers and useful information. The support here is remarkable.
When people ask me what I love about my car I almost always bring up this site. It really is an amazing resource and while there are a few, uh, not as great guys for the most part the community is great.

Just don't ask a stupid question like "what break pads should I use"

:)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
ross,
Because you brought it up, can this car be used as a daily driver?
If so, what will the resell value be in 2-5 years?
Whats the top speed?
Will it do that speed, even if I dont use 5-40 weight oil?
Can I put TV's in the headrest?

Sorry, could not resist :)

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
When people ask me what I love about my car I almost always bring up this site. It really is an amazing resource and while there are a few, uh, not as great guys for the most part the community is great.

Just don't ask a stupid question like "what break pads should I use"

:)
I agree! There are a few "haters" on here, but they are the exception, not the rule.

·
3,201 Posts
ross,
Because you brought it up, can this car be used as a daily driver?
No

ross,
If so, what will the resell value be in 2-5 years?
$235,192

ross,
Whats the top speed?

ross,
Will it do that speed, even if I dont use 5-40 weight oil?
No

ross,
Can I put TV's in the headrest?
Yes

ross,
Sorry, could not resist :)
Douche :)

(well done Doug)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts