The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everyone.

I'm just got my new 111R. I kinda want to improve its sound.
Could you guys please advice me which exhaust suit my need?
I love the one that kinda have a bass-like sound.
At the idle stage it's still have a vroom-vroom sound. (don't know how to explain it.) And once it goes to the hi-rev..it will give the big engine screaming sound.

Thank you

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hi, everyone.

I'm just got my new 111R. I kinda want to approve its sound.
Could you guys please advice me which exhaust suit my need?
I love the one that kinda have a bass-like sound.
At the idle stage it's still have a vroom-vroom sound. (don't know how to explain it.) And once it goes to the hi-rev..it will give the big engine screaming sound.

Thank you
The Larini's and 2bulars tend to have a lower "bass-like" sound that you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
There are so many options out there, you really should either go listen to them in person, or search this site for the sound clips. They are on here somewhere. Besides, taste in exhaust note is totally subjective. Good luck.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your kind advices.
What about Arqray... any idea?

(it's very hard in Thailand to find and see the modified Lotus in person. because it's really rare here.)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Honestly most people love the stock exhaust with simply a desnorkel.

Search this forum for instructions on that before spending any money.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Thank you for your kind advices.
What about Arqray... any idea?

(it's very hard in Thailand to find and see the modified Lotus in person. because it's really rare here.)
Personally, I love the Arqray. It screams at higher RPMs. Where to get it in Thailand, I do not know. Maybe you could get one from Sector111 and they could export it to you? You should ask them and see what they say.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just picked up my Elise with the Stage II exhaust. From all the reading I had done here I was afraid it was going to be too loud. I think it's not bad at all and may have to upgrade to something louder :evil:

·
Registered
263 Posts
my stage 2 is very low sounding at lower RPMS and screams when its on the second cam :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome Exhaust

I just install the Sector 111 Argray double tip system and it sounds perfect not to mention the preformance enhancement............

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I just install the Sector 111 Argray double tip system and it sounds perfect not to mention the preformance enhancement............
...my understanding is that elise/exige exhaust modifications provide negligible engine performance gains under the learning ECU - short of reducing weight on the rear wheels and clearing diffuser airflow, they're basically an aesthetic modification...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
It should be said that no exhaust is going to make the 1.8L 4-cylinder Toyota engine sound like a screaming big-block V-8, or a Ferrari V-12, or anything that it is not. An exhaust can change the tone and even mess with the harmonics a bit, and of course it can change the volume, but that's about it. It can't change the pulse frequency relationships.

xtn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts