The Lotus Cars Community banner

Need Advice - Elise 190R vs US Elise

1577 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  DanH
Hi

Anyone with real life experience with the Elise Sport 190R -- I need some advice.

Have a US Elise on order list and have found a nice used Elise Sport 190. I plan 90% track use (I realize the limitation on registering the car for street use).

I believe the 190R may be arguably a better track car than the US version -- but have no experience with the car or engine - the high output Rover VHPD.

Also wonder what the value of the older 190 will be in the future?? Can see it both ways - up or down??

Any thoughts and advice appreciated???

Thanks - Jon
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
The S2 Exige arrives in Europe around April next year. I suspect they've designed it to be US regulated but then again, this is Lotus we're talking about.

To the person who said they've seen a 340r on track and the Exige was faster - well I've seen a Volvo lap quicker than an Elise, so sadly your argument is quite frankly crap.

The 340r has the same power but is a lot lighter than an Exige and doesn't have the same downforce slowing it on straights.

However at the end of the day, it's more down to the driver than the car.

ps yes I've got a 340r :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.