The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a new car pretty soon. It will be a daily driver during summer, no tracking (no proper race tracks in Moscow :( ) However plenty of enthusiastic driving ;)

The deciding factor is the smile on my face.

So, i was considering Elise 111R, TVR Tuscan S and Noble M400.

I know, these cars are very different and elise is twise cheaper then noble etc...

Apparently, tvrs dont handle very well... Noble is very tempting, but expensive, cheap looking, interior is crap... Lotus is superb, however i am not sure if it will give me a grin in the straights...

So what do you think?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Val
Their is a guy in Moscow who has an elise, seems quite happy with it.

The TVR according to folks on UK based www.seloc.org has lots of issues with built quality and is said to be far worse than the Lotus. Noble by all accounts is a great car and you wouldn't have to go to the hassle of buying without an engine and fitting your own as is the case in the US.

Pretty confident all three would put a grin on your face, I'm not sure on the TVR price but certainly the Elise is far cheaper than a Noble if that's a concern.

Being as this is an Elise board, most everyone here will say go for the elise!;)
Chris

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
One of the few complaints I hear about the Elise is from people who want amazing, breath-taking straightline acceleration. The Elise is awfully quick, but if you're the type that likes the torque that large V8 motors can provide, you might be disappointed with the Elise. Also, the lack of bumpers on the Elise (just hard fiberglass that's easily cracked) make the car difficult to use in large cities if parallel parking is required.

Other than that, it's a fantastic car that I think any car enthusiast would love.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i leave slightly otside the city, so i get some very nice twisty roads :) and yes, drives in Russia can do pretty much whatever they like :huh:

I drove bmw m3, and i think its straight line pefomance was good enough for me. So, is elise similar to m3 here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts