The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is in the las Vegas area and could take a look at an '07 Exige S for me? Apparently, the car was a test/cover car for Car & Driver or Road & Track magazine. This obviously gives me some concern, even though the dealer says the car is "OK" :rolleyes:. The price has been marked down considerably, and the car has 2,900 miles on it. Also, can I ask the dealer to send me an ECU dump? Would the average person like myself be able to make sense of it?

This is the car:
2007 New Lotus Exige S at Norm Baker Motor Co. in Las Vegas, NV - Vehicle Details

I would really appreciate this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but apparently there are no more '07 Exiges in Chrome Orange with LSD. And the one in Vegas is listed at $53K and change.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
i happened past it today, looks fine but i didn't pay attention to it, i'lk be over that way tomorrow again, i'll take a closer look for you, but i don't get on well with normies lot so probably wont do much more than look it over.

the ecu dump is just a printout that just lists top rpms/speed, engine hours, standing starts etc, its easy to read

theres a decent chance another dealer has one.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
although a good price, like everything in vegas, you are taking a gamble, try autotrader or cars.com, maybe even eBaymotors

my .02, good luck on your search and keep us posted

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i happened past it today, looks fine but i didn't pay attention to it, i'lk be over that way tomorrow again, i'll take a closer look for you, but i don't get on well with normies lot so probably wont do much more than look it over.

the ecu dump is just a printout that just lists top rpms/speed, engine hours, standing starts etc, its easy to read

theres a decent chance another dealer has one.
Normies no-good?
I would really appreciate a look-see, though.
I've been looking on AutoTrader, Cars.com, (a little scared of ebay). After searching his dealer database, Dan at Criswell says there are no new CO 07's left with LSD, Track, Touring and Star

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
i only got to look on the outside of the car, since they're closed sundays.

first there is the typical used exige/elise used stuff.

front spoiler scratched, didn't look cracked just some mild scuffing all underneath, it'll happen eventually to most everyone.
a couple of small paint chips in three of the wheels, no dents or deep holes
starshield is starting to come off in different places, just the edge is starting to peel, the lotus logo was on the front, but some of the pieces seemed to be a slightly thicker material than starshield, especially on the passenger side rear panel.
small scratches on the driver ingress, mine has lots of these as i slide into the seat, and the rivets scratch the plastic, this one was just lightly scuffed, a few deeper ones.
some small paint defects on the engine cover around the edges, chrome orange is one of those colours that just shows defects up.

and now the non common stuff.
passenger door has overspray and looks like its had some work done, theres a gloss part from the front to the middle of the door, then a very clear line where its been masked off, then overspray across the rest of the door, theres some light overspray around the rest of the car, which isn't suprising since this is what happened to my car at normies.
somethings been repaired on the passenger side, hard to tell what, the underneath looks ok, i saw some light scuffing and possibly some little dents on the undertray
the rear diffuser has some small bends in it around the large bolts close to where the diffuser joins the floor pan, i have these from the dyno straps, but these are different, the metal does bend easily and its been off for servicing probably.

tyres are ok.

i'd probably ask them about the repaint, if they deny anything has been done, walk away, though they read this board. its very visible.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Charlie.
Sounds like the car has had a rough life for 2900 miles!
Is the StarShield peeling off normal, and can the bad sections be replaced by Normies?
When you say paint defects on the engine cover, does it look like chips, scrapes or just something that occurred during the factory painting process?

Does the repaint on the door look really bad, or is it something that could be buffed out? "Hey, that'll buff right out!...":rolleyes:
It sounds like the whole car should be clayed due to the overspray.

Anyone on LotusTalk care to give an opinion on a fair asking price? I'm thinking $48-50K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove it!!! But sorry, I can't really tell you much about it. From the perspective of someone who'd never driven a supercharged Exige before it was perfect, but I couldn't afford it so I wasn't paying a ton of attention beyond the Chrome Orange Exige.

I don't know if this is a big deal, but the battery was dead when I tried to drive it. They had to get the charger out before it would start, and it wouldn't unlock manually with the key until they jumped it.

Edit:
The Manual said:
The doors cannot be unlocked using the mechanical key if the CDL was used to lock the car.
That's kind of a pain--can't even sit in the car to wait for backup. Anyhow, I guess it's normal.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks Charlie.
Sounds like the car has had a rough life for 2900 miles!
Is the StarShield peeling off normal, and can the bad sections be replaced by Normies?
When you say paint defects on the engine cover, does it look like chips, scrapes or just something that occurred during the factory painting process?

Does the repaint on the door look really bad, or is it something that could be buffed out? "Hey, that'll buff right out!...":rolleyes:
It sounds like the whole car should be clayed due to the overspray.

Anyone on LotusTalk care to give an opinion on a fair asking price? I'm thinking $48-50K.
If you don't mind me suggesting . . . why don't you buy an 06 Exige and get a SuperCharger+Tune from Charlie? I think Jason (Stormy320) has an 06 CO Exige for sale for a good price. You could get a lot more HP for less $$.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
it can be clay bar'd out, but i had my car in normies for about 4 visits over two months to get a couple of hairline scratches fixed, they're paint shop is less than useless, the first time it went in for overspray removal after the paint fix, it came out worse, i gave up eventually and will be taking it to cali.

the other paint defects were thin bits, in places you'd have to really look for to see, its nothing unusal CO just shows it up bad.

not sure about the starshield on the rocker panels, it definetely seemed thicker material but the lotus logo was on some of it, so it should be guaranteed, it was just some of the edges that were beginning to lift, nothing crazy.

if jasons CO is up for sale i'd get that, his CO exige was the one delivered before my CO exige, he takes good care of his.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts