The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and gals,

I would like a little confirmation about an electrical issue I am having prior to actually doing the next step.

So at this point in time, I do not having a working fan on the HVAC unit. I swapped the following items...as I had extras and they were easy:

Switch pack module (headlights now work and A/C & recirc light now comes on)

I changed out the "Fan resistor pack" (I think that is what it is) located above the passenger side wheel well.

And I checked all my fuses, and after all this, sadly I have NO blower fan still, on any setting for either heat or A/C.

So I am wondering...is it the resistor pack located under the blower motor?
Is the clam off method the ONLY way to do this? Or can I go through the service panel located under the car to get to the blower box? If so, can I just cut a hole in the ABS plastic to access the resistor pack as it seems SO MUCH easier than the alternative options.

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The "fan resistor pack" you refer to is the "fan/AC control module, nothing to do with the interior fan.
Did you check fuse F1. If this is OK, the likelihood is that it is the common resistor pack defect below the blower motor, meaning an expensive clam off job.
There is a "bastardize" method of bypassing the resistor pack, but only if you are comfortable with it. It involves cutting aluminum, dexterity and not a "stock" job.
Michael

Hey Guys and gals,

I would like a little confirmation about an electrical issue I am having prior to actually doing the next step.

So at this point in time, I do not having a working fan on the HVAC unit. I swapped the following items...as I had extras and they were easy:

Switch pack module (headlights now work and A/C & recirc light now comes on)

I changed out the "Fan resistor pack" (I think that is what it is) located above the passenger side wheel well.

And I checked all my fuses, and after all this, sadly I have NO blower fan still, on any setting for either heat or A/C.

So I am wondering...is it the resistor pack located under the blower motor?
Is the clam off method the ONLY way to do this? Or can I go through the service panel located under the car to get to the blower box? If so, can I just cut a hole in the ABS plastic to access the resistor pack as it seems SO MUCH easier than the alternative options.

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "fan resistor pack" you refer to is the "fan/AC control module, nothing to do with the interior fan.
Did you check fuse F1. If this is OK, the likelihood is that it is the common resistor pack defect below the blower motor, meaning an expensive clam off job.
There is a "bastardize" method of bypassing the resistor pack, but only if you are comfortable with it. It involves cutting aluminum, dexterity and not a "stock" job.
Michael
Hey Michael,

Thanks again for the Switch pack, it works great. :)

Do you happen to have a link to the "Bastardize" method for bypassing the resistor pack? I have to do some drilling later on...and depending on how much bastardizing I have to do...and exactly what will happen if I do, I may consider it. :)

Thanks. again. :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
SirLotus is the guru of all things electrical!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts