The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having a hard time coming up with things to tell my wife and kids I want for fathers day... what's something I didn't even know I wanted until now?

I've got a good amount of tools... probably could use some nylon cable ties (always need those), maybe some flashlights... I've got toolboxes, a gopro, small things like a cupholder, speaker rings, carbon fiber binnacle, shifter console for the Elise... - what are some things you're asking for for fathers day? What are some things I didn't even know I wanted until you showed me??

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
:popcorn:

Hmm, I guess we are really doing ok in this economy....I am in the same boat.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Wheel Studs (Makes tire changes much easier)
HID headlamp upgrade (Makes night driving much nicer)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Gladiator 66" Tall GearBox Cabinet

Sears.com

I use these extensively in The Lotus Barn. I have so many I lost count. Currently on sale (if someone sees this post when they are not on sale just wait and they will be). Order on line and pick up to save delivery fees.

They are solidly built. Attractive to look at. Have good amount of storage. And because they are on wheels can be moved about for cleaning and rearranging the layout of the garage. I move them to the car if I need to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you don't already have one, my suggestion would be a Lid Bone. One of the best gifts my wife ever gave me.

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
My favorite tool is a Snap-On ratcheting magnetic screwdriver. It may be about $60, but is completely worth it. (Bits fit in head, too.)

Applies enormous torque and I'm annoyed when forced to use any other s/d.
Can't do w/o its strong magnet either.

Also really like my rechargeable LED drop light/flash light.

Don't use my wired version any more.

Retractable air hose reel? Ditto for electric cord?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome suggestions. I've got HIDs and a lidbone. Solid suggestions for the garage - I could always use something g for organization out there. My only complaint about the garage is our dryer dumps into the garage instead of outside for some reason so it gets really humid and there's always lint out there... maybe another shop vac but designed for floors?

I'll look into the ratcheting screw driver and a droplight... I've got an old school like clamping metal bowl type light and a rechargeable that I haven't been able to find the wall plug for...

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
most hockey pucks too slippery. Ppl reported them coming out.

Use wood: cheap, not slippery. Bigger surface area too.

I've no idea how the hockey puck craze got started...or why it remains.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Wood would work as well. I've never had an issue with the hockey puck. It fits perfectly on the jack. That is probably why it's popular, and it's very durable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
AMy only complaint about the garage is our dryer dumps into the garage instead of outside for some reason so it gets really humid and there's always lint out there...
That shouldn't be very hard to fix. Probably $20 worth of ducting, caulk, and an exterior vent and an hour of your time.

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
That shouldn't be very hard to fix. Probably $20 worth of ducting, caulk, and an exterior vent and an hour of your time.
Yes, and in the meantime, beg your wife for a pair of pantyhose and stretch a leg over the vent. It will cut down on the dust considerably.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Howzabout a GoPoint OBDII adapter and DashCommand or Torque for your iphone/Android?

Or perhaps some nice detailing products, including some killer waffle weave and glass towels from The Rag Company.

Me, I'm crossing my fingers for the John Tesch Box Set!!!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts