The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I went to the movie, I saw a few posts on Facebook by a lot of the car community pages bashing the movie. I went anyway to see the movie and actually thought it was great. I had a feeling it would be bad like that "Redline" movie a few years ago, but this was much better. I enjoyed watching the Koenigseggs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Agreed - I saw a private screening back in February and it far exceeded my expectations. I see it turning into a Fast and the Furiousesk multi-movie franchise.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I liked the movie redline. I love when eddie griffin landed his plane, and dropped off the bitchy girl on the highway. lol!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Recently on Top Gear (BBC America) the star in the reasonably priced car was Aaron Paul who told Jeremy Clarkson there was no computer graphics used at all in the making of the movie; everything was stunt done which when you see some of the scenes is absolutely amazing.

If you're wondering how his lap turned out, he was the fastest on the track and went to the top of the chart, so he really is a great driver.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
We went and saw it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not LeMans, but it was entertaining and didn't have any cheesy cgi messing it up.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Haven't seen it - the commercials struck a little fear inot me that it might be another hour-long Ford Mustang commercial (a la Transformers as GM commercial)

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Recently on Top Gear (BBC America) the star in the reasonably priced car was Aaron Paul who told Jeremy Clarkson there was no computer graphics used at all in the making of the movie; everything was stunt done which when you see some of the scenes is absolutely amazing.

If you're wondering how his lap turned out, he was the fastest on the track and went to the top of the chart, so he really is a great driver.
I saw the same episode and couldn't believe after seeing the trailer that no
CG was used. That's incredible.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I saw both the top gear episode last week and the movie this weekend.

I really did enjoy the movie, but was hoping for aaron paul to scream out BITCH in the movie.

I wasn't disappointed even if he didn't.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Great, I feared I shouldn't go see it. Glad you guys liked it. I'm defiantly going now. I agree no CG is a relief. I'm tired of having it shoved in my face at every opportunity.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The "no cgi" aspect changed this from a Netflix rental to a night out at the theater. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping it's on par with the Dukes Of Hazzard movie (2005), which is one of the few modern movies that gets the car stuff right.

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I look forward to checking this out. Apparently the first several minutes of the movie take place at Stone Mountain Body Shop here in GA. I just had work done on my Boxster S there.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I saw it this afternoon. Overall it was a good action packed movie but the entire story line bordered on ridiculous. I went for the driving & stunts.

Consider it an updated version of Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The "no cgi" aspect changed this from a Netflix rental to a night out at the theater
Considering some 150 digital artists worked on this movie, it's hardly "no cgi" - it's just slightly less "in your face fast & furious".

These quotes from the actors & director are pure marketing exploiting the recent backlash to the over-the-top action seen in summer blockbusters :sheep:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts