The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So its not quite a SIM but looks fun nonetheless.
Graphics look sick, Especially the In Car view!

·
Registered
275 Posts
ps3? :drool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok i just bought this game last night and well Im not thrilled. I dont have a wheel for my PS3 yet so I cant really judge. With the joystick it feels real arcady to me. Im always drifting corners and even with the beginner cars taking a turn at 50mph the ass wants to kick out. I dont like the fact they make the dash blurr as you go faster. Kinda hard to see the tach but I use my ears mostly for that anyway. Curious as to why they did that. Never have trouble seeing my gauges in RL at high speeds. Maybe on a motorcycle cause your head is wobbling all over. Guess Ive been driving to many sims on my pc.

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
Ok i just bought this game last night and well Im not thrilled. I dont have a wheel for my PS3 yet so I cant really judge. With the joystick it feels real arcady to me. Im always drifting corners and even with the beginner cars taking a turn at 50mph the ass wants to kick out. I dont like the fact they make the dash blurr as you go faster. Kinda hard to see the tach but I use my ears mostly for that anyway. Curious as to why they did that. Never have trouble seeing my gauges in RL at high speeds. Maybe on a motorcycle cause your head is wobbling all over. Guess Ive been driving to many sims on my pc.
You're kidding right? I don't think anyone is comparing shift to rRfactor, Live for Speed, or anything from the GTR series. That said, I actually enjoy this game a lot for what it is. I've got the full version on PC and the demo on playstation. I will say that it felt a little more arcade-like on the PS3, but I think you'll find that a lot of driving aids are turned on. Even on the PC I had to do a bit of tweaking to get it to have the right feel.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Pretty cool game, but the experience in actually being in the Lotus on the track is soo much better.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're kidding right? I don't think anyone is comparing shift to rRfactor, Live for Speed, or anything from the GTR series. That said, I actually enjoy this game a lot for what it is. I've got the full version on PC and the demo on playstation. I will say that it felt a little more arcade-like on the PS3, but I think you'll find that a lot of driving aids are turned on. Even on the PC I had to do a bit of tweaking to get it to have the right feel.
First thing I did was turn off all driving aids but again I only have the controller for PS3 thats why I was asking if it was worth getting a wheel. Im use to palying rfactor and other sims on pc and dont want to dump $200 on a wheel if its still going to feel like an arcade game. Reviews Ive read they are calling shift a sim, the reason why Im asking. I messed with the helpers and stuff and found it a bit more enjoyable. Wish Forza 3 was on PS3. Ive heard a lot of good things about that game.

·
Registered
216 Posts
First thing I did was turn off all driving aids but again I only have the controller for PS3 thats why I was asking if it was worth getting a wheel. Im use to palying rfactor and other sims on pc and dont want to dump $200 on a wheel if its still going to feel like an arcade game. Reviews Ive read they are calling shift a sim, the reason why Im asking. I messed with the helpers and stuff and found it a bit more enjoyable. Wish Forza 3 was on PS3. Ive heard a lot of good things about that game.
Shift is most definitely not a sim; much more arcade-y than that. Forza 3 is the most sim-like experience currently available on a console, in my opinion, but even it is arcade-y compared to something like rFactor, GTR Evo, LFS, etc.

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
If you are used to playing sims on pc surely you've got a wheel? I've read that there are plenty of logitech wheels compatible with the PS3, but I think wheel support varies from title to title... I'd say more but I just got a PS3 so i'm learning too!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a G27 and I run Shift on PC sometimes. I still enjoy sim racing more since the computer is so aggressive in Shift it kinda angers me.... lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts