The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no lights in the center area, no power to it. Lights and everything else seems fine. Is this the work of a faulty Switch Pack Module? If so, does anyone know the part number? ugh.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
no lights in the center area, no power to it. Lights and everything else seems fine. Is this the work of a faulty Switch Pack Module? If so, does anyone know the part number? ugh.
In your tread title you state " no fan working", however in the body of the thread you only state no "lights". Please be more specific.
Michael

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) checked the fuses, they are fine.
2) Headlights are working fine, but the little lights for the A/C and recirc do not light up. No fans at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
When I had a similar problem it turned out to be two wires that got rubbed all the way through by a fiberglass edge under the front clam.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My local dealer is convinced it's the old corroded resister issue at the bottom of the fan motor. I lost these functions after driving through a big rainstorm so he might be right. However, he wants like 1200 to do the job. I know the front clam has to come off, I did this job myself about 18 months ago. I'm tempted to do it again, and eliminate the fand speeds by just connecting the wires and bypassing rthe various transisters. I wish there was an easier way to access this stuff.

If all that work is done and nothing is fixed, it will mean a new SPM and a very cranky Jerry haha.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Hmm, since the lighting is also out, makes me think it is not a problem with the resistor. You have a multimeter? It's time to start testing/probing wires.

On a separate note, when I did the resistor pack in my car I did the DIY fix and mounted the resistors under the drivers side access panel for easy access for future fixes. That way the clam wouldn't have to come off!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My headlights work but not the lights for recirculating air or A/C (the little center lights by the fan switch). Dealer says those lights only work if the fans are working. I don't remember that being the case previously. :(

And thanks Michael. I will look at that link. I do not wosh to take off the clam again, it was a PITA.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Michael is a godsend. I never even knew about the 4 fuses under the dash. I've only a federal Elise longer anyone on this board without exception (1st day delivery in 2004), and this set of fuses totally missed me. Anyway, talking to Michael (SirLotus) last night had me wondering, and yes! The C1 fuse was blown. Everything is working great now, and I don't have to pull the clam or cut a wall...for now! Thanks so much!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts