The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock headlight bucket mount points snapped off. Tried to salvage them to no avail. Had to get new headlight buckets from GRP. They are super nice carbon fiber units. I tried to fit the passenger side today but the highbeam housing sits too far forward and fouls on the bucket, preventing the bucket from seating properly in the clam. I tried to adjust the highbeam's housing but of the three screws, only two are adjustable.

As you can see in the photo there are only two nuts that are adjustable but the third one looks fixed in place. I need the whole housing to move backward, not just pivot on that fixed rod. Does anyone know how to adjust the housing to move it back?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in there, but don't remember answer to your question.

But, I wouldn't assume that the 3rd bolt isn't adjustable.

Let us know.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've spent a lot of time in there, but don't remember answer to your question.

But, I wouldn't assume that the 3rd bolt isn't adjustable.

Let us know.
Not assuming... I examined it for a while and didn't see a way to adjust it short of grabbing the threaded rod with some needle nose pliers and twisting. So that's what I'm gonna try... Hopefully I don't ruin the threads...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So yeah, just grab that threaded rod with a set of needle nose pliers --- they spin very easily. Case closed.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Happy to be of help.

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,655 Posts
So yeah, just grab that threaded rod with a set of needle nose pliers --- they spin very easily. Case closed.
At least others that have the same issue will find it here. If you take pics and make a how-to I'll add it to the uberpost/uberthread.

San

1 - 6 of 6 Posts