The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help before buying this exige!!!!

Hello guys, this's my first comment on this site.
i'll directly tell the story i have, i'm from Saudi Arabia and our Lotus dealer is not that good. Any way i found a 2009 Lotus Exige 240 which is X Demo car in the company and it has been crashed and got damaged in the left side, tyres, suspensions, etc. Then they sell to one of their employee and it was 10,000 that time, now he's on 23,000 and he had change the gearbox 3000km before, he's saying the car is doing well, do you people suggest me to buy it? even if i'll buy it in a good price? i'll buy it to be my daily used car.. please i need your help and thank you so much.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Is the title clear? It could be a rebuilt or salvage title. I would avoid this one.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The damage part that most concerns me is the suspension. Once the suspension is seriously damaged the car may never be the same.

I don't know what the Saudi market is like for Lotus but it might be worth waiting for a car with less damage history.

Good luck!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The damage part that most concerns me is the suspension. Once the suspension is seriously damaged the car may never be the same.

I don't know what the Saudi market is like for Lotus but it might be worth waiting for a car with less damage history.

Good luck!
This would scare me too - while I'm sure there aren't hundreds of available Elise/Exiges over there if you have some patience you'll find the right one. I think the last thing you want is a "story car" unless that story is short and simple. This one doesn't seem short and simple.

Do you have any listings or anything else about the car you can share? Did a fellow member own it ever?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The car in question is mine - thanks Ahmad ;)

Unfortunately waiting in Saudi for a car is not really feasible, there aren't any frankly. The dealership did a pathetic job in selling the cars, most owners seem to have wanted to make a quick buck and sold them on to Dubai or Lebanon etc. I was at the scene when the crash occurred, car wasn't mine at the time - whilst the impact broke a wheel and a hub, it wasn't by any means a write-off

·
Registered
505 Posts
The dealership did a pathetic job in selling the cars, most owners seem to have wanted to make a quick buck and sold them on to Dubai or Lebanon etc.
I think all the lebanese lotus's would look like that without crashing lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello guys, this's my first comment on this site.
i'll directly tell the story i have, i'm from Saudi Arabia and our Lotus dealer is not that good. Any way i found a 2009 Lotus Exige 240 which is X Demo car in the company and it has been crashed and got damaged in the left side, tyres, suspensions, etc. Then they sell to one of their employee and it was 10,000 that time, now he's on 23,000 and he had change the gearbox 3000km before, he's saying the car is doing well, do you people suggest me to buy it? even if i'll buy it in a good price? i'll buy it to be my daily used car.. please i need your help and thank you so much.
Ahmed, I'm here in Khobar/Dhahran. I can link up with you and help, if you like.

Yes, I know the dealer issues, but you need to be very careful, from looking at the photo. 23000 km is OK on these cars. It is the damage and repair that is the concern. Have you driven it?

Another thing....the roads here are not Lotus-friendly, as you know. Have you thought of this as a track car? You can take it to the Bahrain F1 circuit and have a blast.

PM me and we can meet, if you like.....

Stephen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts