The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some work done recently that required clam removal. I think I may be missing a trim piece on my side vents. Please look at the pictures and tell me if there is supposed to be a small piece to fill in the gap near the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part Two

Here is the top area near the rear of the door window both right and left. The small black strip, on the inside near the interior, not the big soft outer piece, of glued trim is not quite right. I think it is supposed to hold the roll hoop cover as well, but it might go underneath. Could anyone post a picture of what these areas are supposed to look like? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I deleted mine a while back but the service manual is not showing a separate piece, it might just be misaligned.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Renderman. I did look at the exploded drawing and it does look like there is nothing there. I thought there might be a small curving piece of rubber at the bottom of the vent to fill the gap.

Could anyone post a picture of these areas that has a stock Elise? It is amazing that with all the pictures out there that I can't get a close up of the vent.

Pictures of the side trim near the roof would help, also, if anyone could post them. Thank you.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Looks misaligned to me, but I'll take pictures and post tonight, Sam.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Top and back are positively misaligned. They probably didn't keep track of the shims upon removal.:facepalm
I know these are hand built, that just looks sloppy... I'll be honest though, I may just be critical because I'm not feeling well.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the help, especially Tarobbs for the pic. :clap: I didn't think there was anything on the side vent, but boy do they look misaligned.

Bob, I was jut going to email you personally as I know you have a picture of everything. Please send me a reference shot or two of the areas so I can figure this out.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
That top joint does look odd, but the one under the air intake isn't very far off.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bob! :up: I appreciate it. I may do a little fettling on the trim to make it look nicer. It appears to me that the black strip went under the upper roll bar cover. I am getting a rattle at near idle that I thought was from the outside, but may be from the inside with the two pieces making contact. I don't think the shop put the trim back exactly and, besides looking crummy, it introduced a rattle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts