The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,
I am very interested in buying a 95 Esprit S4 in Colorado Spring, but I am out of the state. Is there anyone in the Colorado Spring area that can help me check this car out? It would be a great life (and Esprit) saver. Please e-mail me.
Thanks in advance!
TV

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'm near there and could help out, though I really know very little about the Esprit (but could inspect it from a regular used car perspective...looking for obvious signs of damage, etc).

I know an Esprit owner in the Springs, I'll send you a PM with his email address, he'd be a better judge of its drivability than I.

You could also post a message to the Yahoo group used by Colorado Lotus owners for keeping in touch:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lotus_Colorado/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much Matt. I will contact the owner and see if we can arrange something and let you know ASAP. If you and your friend are willing to help, then it would be greatly appreciated. Please send me your friend's e-mail address too. i will post another message on that link.
Ty

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt and Jerry,
Matt, thanks for refering and introducing Jerry - could not have done it without your help. Jerry is a perfect gentleman and an upstanding person, with absolute best intentions! Jerry was extremely helpful! You both are more than willing to help out a stranger, but an Esprit enthusiast. Without you refering me to Jerry, and Jerry went out of his ways to look at the car, I would not have known what to do.

After Jerry contacted the owner, arranged to look at the car, looked at the car, and called me to teel me all about what he saw - I feel like I was there myself.

You both assisted me in finding my dream car! I am very grateful for your help!
:clap:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help out; Jerry's a great person and a knowledgeable driver with racing experience, not to mention Esprit experience, so I figured he'd be the perfect person.

Now the big question is, are you going to buy it?

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Ya Ty...did you get the car?

Alan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alan,
I am working on the best and safest way do the out-of-state transaction and transportation.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Alan,
I am working on the best and safest way do the out-of-state transaction and transportation.
Easy, fly in and drive it home. You'll either have a nice pleasant cross country drive, or some interesting tales to regale us all with, maybe some of both. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's about 1,300 miles... this is too long and enduring for both me and the Esprit - If the car doesn't break down, I will. Besides, too lonely to drive that long by yourself.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
I would drive it back too...stop by salt lake city and vegas...1300 miles is just like driving round trip from LA to SF. A reliable Esprit can take a lot more than that.

It's about 1,300 miles... this is too long and enduring for both me and the Esprit - If the car doesn't break down, I will. Besides, too lonely to drive that long by yourself.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yahoo maps shows 1078 miles in 15 hours and 40 minutes. It's a pretty easy 2 day drive. I've made the drive a couple of times in the last year, once via the shorter I15, I70 route, and once in my Elise via the southern route through Arizona and New Mexico to avoid snow during the winter.

As for breakdowns, bring a few tools, some duct tape, silicone seal, and baling wire. Combined with a little ingenuity it should get you home. Of course, just in case, bring a credit card.

And if you don't have somebody else to go with you, I'd volunteer. I have to go to LA within the next few weeks anyway. It would save me plane fare one way, and be a bit of an adventure. Sounds like fun.
:shift:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've heard that you can get someone to ride in your car if you post on Craig's List that you are looking for a passenger.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've heard that you can get someone to ride in your car if you post on Craig's List that you are looking for a passenger.
rotfl rotfl

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Wow...that's nice...Ty you should try that...mention that to your boss lady & she'll for sure go pick up the car with you. :nanner:

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Ty,

What's the update on your new S4?

Alan

I picked up my Esprit in Nashville TN, and drove it home to Colorado.

Also driven it to St. Louis and back, and Lake Tahoe CA and back.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts