The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit, I'm debating, again, on my color prefence. I originally wanted laser blue, but once I testdrove the yellow elise, I HAD to have yellow. But I never saw the laser blue in person...until yesterday. Now I'm waivering.

Can anyone suggest a reason why I should go for one over the other? Here are some pros and cons for the yellow that I have already come up with:

Pros:
1. Yellow IS a color of a true sports car.
2. The yellow on the elise looks fantastic with the black trim on the car, and especially with black wheels.
3. The yellow screams "Look at me, look at me" when I drive down the street, initiating the attention that i always wanted and never receive driving a production car.

Cons:
1. The blue metallic glimmers on the beautiful curves of the elise, the yellow is flat and therefore does not.
2. The yellow screams "Look at me, look at me" when I drive past a cop at ANY speed.

NO, I am not considering orange (mapes!)

I know that I do not need to make this decision for a while, but like the rest of you, I need SOMETHING to contemplate until the elise arrives, and BEFORE I have to make other difficult decisions regarding accessories and after market parts.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Yellow is fantastic. My M3 was yellow and I loved it. I think the S2 size makes it look more like a toy. A bright, fun color adds to this image nicely.

I need a bright color where I live so that all these jacked up trucks and SUVs will see me and won't run me over. Passive safety is my arguement!

I say go for the 'new' black - Chrome Orange! :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I feel your pain, I am totally up in the air with color right now. I want something different that does not scream "pull me over" or "look at me I'm boring so I need a sick looking car to pick up chicks". I didn't think I would ever have a green car but the one in the topgear video looks good, it sparkles in the day and will look black at night, is that british racing green I didn't think that color was metallic?. I do think a metallic or mica color will look best on the car but haven't seen a S2 to decide if light or dark will look better with the body lines. I also think a pearled white would look sweet. Does anybody know Lotus's policy on custom colors?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't know Lotus policy on custom colors, but I want Mono Black so bad I can taste it. Black never looks right in metallic. But failing that, my second choice is the BRG. I never thought I'd want a green car either. But it looks gorgeous, and I prefer dark colors.

On the other hand, every time I see a pic of this car in yellow, I love it. Normally, yellow is my absolute least favorite color. How does it look good like that? Weird.

At this point, though, I just want mapes to get orange so he doesn't overload some circuit in his brain and start stalking Arnie. :D

Cade

Black or green...black or green...black or green... ????

·
Registered
296 Posts
MotorCade said:
Black never looks right in metallic.
Yeah I thought black only came in one color:confused:

Mapes, Lotus of Scottsdale has a chrome orange esprit right now and I didn't really like the color. Have you seen it on any S2's I can't picture it looking good (and I've had an orange car that I loved before).

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ah, I should have clarified. From what I've heard, the starlight black is a metal fleck in black paint. Not just a plain old deep gloss black like I want.

Cade

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
MotorCade said:

At this point, though, I just want mapes to get orange so he doesn't overload some circuit in his brain and start stalking Arnie. :D

The Chrome Orange Militia will not accept anything but this wonderful (but slightly obnoxious) color! You naysayers may heckle us all you want - we will not be deterred!!!:p

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damnit! How much more specific do I need to be. I DONT WANT ORANGE. This post is about ME! Why must you use it to promote ORANGE!!!

OK, as you can see, I like attention! I think I'll stick with yellow! Maybe my second elise will be orange, once a "graduate" from yellow.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
The Chrome Orange Militia is known to shamelessly hijack any thread that may promote their divine cause!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Yellow all the way! Early on it was going to be the lazer blue or yellow. From the pics the new shade of yellow is even better then the one on the demo car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've definitely settled on Lotus Racing Green. Or maybe Chrome Orange. No definately green. Wait I meant... Nevermind.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hey now, the lobby went out and Lotus caved in and is offering chorme orange. If we all got it , it wouldn't be much fun to meet up and see all the same color. Then again it might be to a select few. :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts