The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My dilemma is that I want to have the Short roof on my car, but i might need some help finding kits or a list of parts i need.

Any help is appriciated.

About my Car:

2001(2002) Lotus Elise S2 (once Rover Powered) Long Top (It has thoose silly "ears" at the back)

I once saw a 2003/2004 Elise with a short-top and that looked in my mind way better than my old shaggy roof, so now that i have the money to do something about it i would like to convert to short top, and get a short hardtop aswell (perhaps with a exige scoop that duckts air into the cabin too cool down driver at trackdays (no open top or windows allowed there, it gets too hot to be in after 10-12 minutes of trackday driving, even faster on really hot days)

Please help me, i'we searched ofr days now, and nothing is my current result at the moment...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There are going to be few here that can really help you. You should post on SELOC. I'm sure some of those blokes over there have done this.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Perspective is a funny thing. If you want to go from the long tail to the short tail there is a complete kit from LOTUS to do so. Then you can even have a hard top if you want. The kit includes the new bow cover that needs to be painted, the rear cleats to reseave the shortail, the softop, the new short bows.

I made a custom set up to go from short to the long and still use my hardtop. A real challenge but it worked out. But I have been driving Elise from 1996 in Europe and really loved the sleek long tail.

But I thinkg you can get the kit pretty easy to go from Long to Short.
Hi,

My dilemma is that I want to have the Short roof on my car, but i might need some help finding kits or a list of parts i need.

Any help is appriciated.

About my Car:

2001(2002) Lotus Elise S2 (once Rover Powered) Long Top (It has thoose silly "ears" at the back)

I once saw a 2003/2004 Elise with a short-top and that looked in my mind way better than my old shaggy roof, so now that i have the money to do something about it i would like to convert to short top, and get a short hardtop aswell (perhaps with a exige scoop that duckts air into the cabin too cool down driver at trackdays (no open top or windows allowed there, it gets too hot to be in after 10-12 minutes of trackday driving, even faster on really hot days)

Please help me, i'we searched ofr days now, and nothing is my current result at the moment...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.