The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have read everything I can find on LT about disabling Cobra alarm. I had the immobilizer bypass installed and have removed the Fuse 11. I also unplugged alarm siren. At first, all was fine. Yes, I lost CDL and interior cabin light. No big deal to me.

Two days later, the red Rev Limiter light on the tach and green alarm light came on.

I read online I have to do Alarm Module unplugging.

Question- 1) Is this the final step or do I need to remove the alarm from behind the dash?

2) is it worth re connecting alarm Immobilizer and simply keeping alarm siren unplugged?

Thanks, very much, for any help you can provide. LT member Sir Lotus, seems to be very knowledgeable about this but I cannot fund his contact info.

My phone/ text: 303-521-8979
My email: [email protected]

Scott R
Colorado

·
Registered
339 Posts
TL:DR But doesn't this thread cover what you need.

Even though you have bypassed the immobilizer, I guess you want to stop the light flashing. That can be done with the instructions in that thread. Following that, if you never arm the alarm via the fob, it will appear, to all intents and purposes, that it isn't there.

Maybe somewhere deeper in the thread it gives the correct mode table settings to really turn everything off.

Just could just try sending SirLotus a private message.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Take out passenger side sill and front dash part. Inside is the alarm module wrapped in what feels like a trash bag. Unplug it. You will be all good.

To disable the immobilizer take out the drivers rear speaker. Reach in deep as hell and unplug the immobilizer plug. Pull it out and jump the outside most pins together (dont remember which ones but search forums and it is an easy find) and now you dont have alarm. This is what insurance is for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts